bleeding after argument?:(

shannonleigh

Reaction score
I had a huge argument with my OH which lasted about 4 hours, I was crying the whole time, hysterically, probably due to hormones too. I already have a high blood pressure so I'm not sure what's happening, I went to the toilet and wiped and there's blood, only streaks..I'm blaming myself so much I've just got a feeling I've lost the baby:(

If you're worried, go to the ER, but if it's only streaks it sounds like you just need to relax.

I am, however, concerned about the intensity and longevity of your argument. There is never any reason to argue with your SO for 4 hours to the point of crying hysterically. This is something you need to get under control ASAP as it obviously can have some negative effects on your baby - both in the womb, and out. Do you want your child to see you fight like that?

Maybe counseling would be beneficial for you and your SO to learn to communicate in a healthy and appropriate way.

Good luck to you.

Thanks for your concern. The argument was just a one off, never happens and it was all down to me being hormonal, I was crying just at the fact of being upset over stupid things and sometimes he doesn't know how to handle it. I'll call the early pregnancy unit Monday and try to get a scan, thanks.

I'm so sorry! that is just sad :( he needs to think about what he says or does so it does not make you mad! you are hormonal and he needs to realize it is hard on you and the baby.. hold you're head up sweetie :) I try and flap my arms around like a bird to make me calm down when I'm upset! hehe! maybe it'll help for you too :) ill be praying for you and you're OH and you're baby :) the baby will be just fine! let me know how you're scan goes <3

annaaabanana, thankyou lovely. I hope all goes well...It's been great so far and I'd be devastated if one argument has ruined it. :( The bleeding could be due to anything I guess but it's a coincidence that it's happened after an argument and hours of crying and stress..not to mention already having a high blood pressure so stress wouldn't help. I'll let you know how my scan goes. xx

annaaabanana, thankyou lovely. I hope all goes well...It's been great so far and I'd be devastated if one argument has ruined it. :( The bleeding could be due to anything I guess but it's a coincidence that it's happened after an argument and hours of crying and stress..not to mention already having a high blood pressure so stress wouldn't help. I'll let you know how my scan goes. xx

ehhh, I'm so sorry! I know when you saw that you probably panicked! my doctor said if I have spotting just get rest and that most women do !!! you're baby is JUST FINE :) and I understand tho last night a lot happened and I cried and got so so mad I was shaking!! I was so worried all night like "what if I hurt the baby" but I think if we did that, it would be way worse and you would be hurting... :) youre scan will go good! at least when you get one , you will feel much better hearing the heartbeat and seeing the you're little one :)!! :hugs:

If you're bleeding lay down and try to distract yourself. Breath deep and blow off all of your steam. Bleeding slows at horizontal, speeds up vertically and with high blood pressure. Maybe a cool pack might feel nice on your face? Take care of you lady and walk out of the room next time he wants to engage.:flower:

I'm so sorry. I hope everything is okay. Could you go now to get a scan...to the ER? I'd tell your oh to not argue with you while you're pregnant.

So sorry about this, shannon. :(

I do want you to know that this WILL NOT cause a miscarriage, even with as distressed as you were during the argument, and for the length of time it happened. Miscarriages do not happen due to stress, and emotional turmoil. 90% of the time (possibly more), they happen be because of a problem with the egg or sperm, a genetic defect, a cell division issue, or chromosomal defect. If miscarriages were caused by high-stress moments, there would be no babies born in third world countries, or in wartime situations...and we know that these are VERY stressful circumstances. So, do not blame yourself.

Secondly, didn't you have a spotting/bleeding episode before? Or am I thinking of someone else? If so, it just probably decided to rear it's ugly head at the worst possible moment, and now you're attributing it to the argument and distress. I have had two different spotting episodes during this pregnancy, and I had a great ultrasound last week, with a healthy baby so far...so it does not signify the end for you, at all. Please do get a scan, and kick your feet up, and relax. It was a rare moment for you two, I assume, so just go take a shower, drink some water, and have some time alone to defuse. This type of stress is worse for your mental well-being, and for your spirit...as of right now, it did not harm your baby. :hugs:

Thank you so much that's reassuring, I've told him plenty of times but he just doesn't know how to handle the hormones and right now mine are all over the place, I can sit and cry for hours on end over the most stupid things and then be happy after that, it's crazy. Wookie130, thank you your message really does give me hope, it's not just the fighting I'm just scared having a high blood pressure and being stressed and upset for that long can cause it to rise even more and I do know that can cause miscarriage etc. I'm probably worrying for nothing but I'll ring early pregnancy unit Monday and hopefully they will scan me, and yes I was the one who had spotting a few weeks ago! All turned out fine, this time it's freaking me out cause of the argument that's all. :(

Yeah, the high blood pressure will be more worrisome later in pregnancy...I'm sure you'll be monitored for pre-e...

It's just so scary to see blood ever during pregnancy. I know I'm really hoping it doesn't happen to me again, but I guess I try to remain somewhat calm about it. Sometimes there just isn't any obvious reason for it.

:hugs: It'll be fine, dear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->