• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bleeding after HyCoSy...

Mummy and Preggo with #2!
Reaction score
Had a HyCoSy on Monday and was told to expect spotting but now I am bleeding, almost like a light AF. Anyone experience this? I wonder if my cycle has restarted. :shrug:

Hi I'm due for a lap and dye test soon where they do what you have had under anestetic. Apparetnly bleeding is normal after for a couple of days. If you are worried though maybe ring your consultants secretary and get them to ask if what you are experiencing is normal. I presume they did the test after you had just had your period...if that's the case I doubt your period has started again.

Good luck...I hear after these tests alot of women end up concieving due to the tubes being flushed.

Yeah I should give them a call. It does seem like it could be my period, even though it's too soon. Same sort of amount.

I have also heard of increased success rates after which is why I wanted it done...especially after 2 ectopics.

Best of luck with yours too. :flower:

Hiya,
I didn't have too much bleeding myself, but was told that it might happen for a few days after the procedure. btw, were you told to expect a 'period like pain'? I was and it was total rubbish, it hurt loads more than that!
My advice to anyone going in for the procedure is to take something stronger than the paracetamol they recommend!
2016, i've got a little boy too and are trying for a 2nd, after tubal surgery and a MC we;re now going for IVF. Fingers crossed for all of us!

i had a fair amount of bleeding after my hycosy too, it was very similar to a light period for quite a few days - i then had my regular period a couple of weeks later, oh the joy !

hope it flushed out your tubes for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"