bleeding after implanon removal

mandj

Reaction score
i bled 3 days after having my rod removed but only for a day which means i shoud have been due sun 28 but no sign yet and no symptoms of pregnancy does anyone know how long it takes to get back to normal

I had my Mirena taken out on Feb 15th. 3 days later I bled for 3 days but I did not count that as apart of my regular cycle and then has a short AF on the 27th. So I only had a 26 day cycle. This cycle I am on day 31 and with a :bfn: this morning I am guessing I should start within a day or two. SO I went from a 26 day cycle to a 33 day.. I am sure it will take a while to get back on coarse..

thanks i was told by doctor to make that the first day of my first period but not sure whats going on

If you know when your last period was then just keep an idea of both..Good luck!!

I had my implanon removed in October and had 2 days of light bleeding which started 5 days after removal. AF then arrived in December.

mandj, that first bleed doesn't really count when it comes to trying to calculate when your next period will be. That was a reaction to the artificial hormones leaving your system (some people have a bleed like that, others don't).

What will determine it is the date you first ovulate. Your period will then follow approx 12-16 days after that. It is almost always the date of ovulation that determines the date of your next period (I say almost as some cycles ovulation doesn't occur and you would eventually get a period anyway).

Most women vary a bit from cycle to cycle as to when they ovulate (even when not coming off hormonal contraception), so the length of their cycles will vary too.

So, if you are doing OPK tests to see when you ovulate, or if you chart your temperature/cervical fluid/cervical position and have seen the temperature shift that indicates when ovulation happened, then you will be able to predict to within a couple of days when your next period will arrive.

If you haven't been checking on when ovulation occurred then you may just have to wait and see when this first period comes, and then go from there.

If you think it hasn't occurred yet then you could start using one of these methods to see if you can spot ovulation occurring, but some people don't like to get too caught up in the charting etc right away.

I started temp charting from the day before I got my implant out and saw from the temperature rise that I ovulated 9 days later, my first period turned up 12 days after that. But everyone is different, and some people take longer to start ovulating again. That's entirely normal, just depends on how long it takes the hormones that trigger ovulation to build up in your system.

Sorry for that long post! Hope it helps.

urbanpumkin

Thank you! information I have done a few posts on removal implanon not got much help back!

I got mine out 18th March bled 4 days later with a 4/5 day bleed which i thought was my period! A few days afta had a lot of CM so could it be this wasnt a real period and i actually ovulated around this time?!?

xx

No problems! And it could well be, bestestmummy. It certainly wouldn't be a 'true' post ovulatory menstrual bleed after only 4-5 days post implant removal.

My temp was high when I first had the implant out and went down 2-3 days later showing the hormones were out of my system. I didn't get a bleed then, but some people do, so you getting a bleed 4 -5 days after would make sense.

I would keep a note in the diary of when that CM was, and then watch for your next period. If it is 10-16 days after that then that could well have been ovulation! And you know to look out for that kind of CM again next month to determine approaching ovulation.

Personally I love temperature charting to take away the question about when your period is due. You can't use it to predict when you are ovulating (well you can but only roughly and if your cycle is pretty near identical month to month, but you can combine it with looking at cervical fluid and position for that) but I love that it means you know to pretty much within a day when your period is due. Saves on tests and fretting!

Fertility Friend is good, online charts that you can link to here, and really good tutorials about cervical fluid, cervical position and temps.

i had mine out the 15 of jan and bleed for 4 days, the doctor said that it was normal,
i had no signs of pregnancy either but had my first BFP on a HPK the 25 of feb, no af inbetween hope this helps xx

hey guys, its good to see that others are in the same situation as myself. I got my implant out Feb 19th, had spotting 7 days later which only lasted a day, and then nothing at all until Mon just past when AF showed her face for the first time in forever. Boy was i glad to see it, at least now thats me hopefully getting back on track, but it was the longest 6 week wait ever lol

I had mine put Wednesday 1/20 and had positive opk 1/19... Ewcm 1/20 1/21 and today fmu was a huge clot.

Could this be my removal bleed.... did theremoval ruin my chances of that egg??? My temps are all over the place. I've been getting bfp opk. Ewcm. For the last two months while on the implant.

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated

I had my implant out on 22nd August, I have still not had a period or any sign of it up until today (6/10), I am now worrying. I have always been pretty regular and I am also getting a little older than probably most of you at 39. Am I past it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->