Bleeding and mild cramping day after sex

zoe2010

Reaction score
So I'm 6 weeks today. My husband and I had a mini getaway this weekend and had sex twice last night. This morning I woke up and had light bleeding and very mild cramps. The bleeding is more than spotting but not super heavy. But enough to drip into the toilet when I use the restroom. I'm beyond scared and worried. I called the on call doctor and she assured me all is fine and normal, but I still think I'm gonna call tomorrow to see if they can get me in. Did this happen to anyone else??

So I'm 6 weeks today. My husband and I had a mini getaway this weekend and had sex twice last night. This morning I woke up and had light bleeding and very mild cramps. The bleeding is more than spotting but not super heavy. But enough to drip into the toilet when I use the restroom. I'm beyond scared and worried. I called the on call doctor and she assured me all is fine and normal, but I still think I'm gonna call tomorrow to see if they can get me in. Did this happen to anyone else??

Bleeding after sex is really common especially in early pregnancy but you are right to get it checked out, it's probably nothing but better to get checked.

I always have bleeding/spotting the day after sex throughout my first trimesters. I cramp badly until around 10-12 weeks, too. All healthy, viable pregnancies. I still worry, as nobody wants to see blood when they're pregnant, but it is not uncommon.

Just wanted to update. It's not looking good. Went to ER last night with more bleeding and I was passing clots. No sac or baby on ultrasound and my levels were at 48. I've been put on bed rest and told to repeat my bloodwork again tomorrow to see if they've doubled but I'm not very optimistic right now :( and she kept assuring me that sex didn't cause this. It was just a coincidence. This is the worst feeling in the world :(

I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. You're right, there's nothing you did to cause this to happen. Often when things aren't going well, your cervix and uterus can be especially irritable. I had a missed mc a few months ago and my first sign that anything might have been amiss was bleeding after I went to the toilet to have a poo (was really constipated and thought I just strained too hard). I had a scan and it turns out baby had stopped developing 3 weeks before and I didn't know it. But the straining must have irritated my cervix, which was already irritable because of everything going on. But at the time, the timing was all really upsetting. Hope you're able to rest and take care of yourself for a bit.

Oh, that is heartbreaking. I am so sorry. No, it is not your fault, and it was not caused by sex.

Went back to doctor today. Miscarriage confirmed :(

You didn't cause this by having sex. I promise you, no one could've researched this issue more than me in my last pregnancy, and 100% sex can NOT cause miscarriage in a healthy, well-implanted pregnancy. What it can do, is stimulate mild contractions and begin to expel a pregnancy that has already detached.
Thinking of you.

I'm so so sorry for your loss. Please don't beat yourself up about it though this will not have been caused by sex.

I'm so sorry :hugs: please don't think for a second that sex caused this because I assure you it didn't. Sending love x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->