Bleeding at 6 weeks pregnant!

Carlee

Reaction score
This is my 3rd pregnancy and 6 weeks in, I go to the loo and when I wipe I see dark red blood.
This has never happened before.
It's been a few hrs and I'm still getting dark red blood when I wipe, but nothing on my panty-liner. I'm having some mild cramping too. However I still have pregnancy symptoms : nausea, heavy bbs, bloating etc.
For now I'm trying to rest and hoping it stops. If not I'll call the doc tomorrow.
I am terrified!

I've had early bleeding in all my pregnancies. Keep an eye on it and if it doesn't stop/get heavier I would go get checked out xxx

I would just keep an eye on it. A lot of women have breakthrough bleeding and it turns out to be perfectly ok (My aunt had this for weeks). As long as it doesn't get heavy you should be ok. :hugs: I know how scary this can be.

:hugs: I'm so sorry you're going through this. So scary. I had bleeding in the first trimester of my fourth (now 15m old) and fifth (35w along) pregnancies. I was terrified and devastated, but both turned out just fine. :) If your dr has an ultrasound machine, I'd call in and get looked at within the next few days just for peace of mind.

Firstly I'd like to thank you ladies for your reassuring words, they really helped.
The bleeding seems to have increased slightly but the cramps have died down and I'm having my usual evening bout of nausea. I'm not as scared as I was but I will be calling my Dr tomorrow morning.

I had brick red bleeding from week 5-6, also only there when I wiped and never soiled my underwear. We saw the heartbeat 2 days after the bleeding stopped. I've had 2 MC's and was sure I was losing this one, but I'm about 8wks now and haven't had any bleeding since, not even after the vaginal ultrasound. It is so scary, but try not to stress. Stay off your feet as much as possible, drink lots of water, and no sex until the bleeding has stopped and after you have seen your ob and make sure everything is ok.

Thanks again for the support.
I went to the gynecologist and she said my cervix is slightly open and there's a lot of blood. It seems that I am having a miscarriage.
Next stop the hospital for a scan and blood work.

Oh me, I'm sorry. Keeping my fingers crossed for you

So I just got back from the hospital and the Dr said the bleeding had stopped. She did a transvaginal u/s and saw nothing. I also had a blood test and am awaiting results.
The Dr concluded that maybe I have already miscarried, maybe I'm still pregnant and only blood tests can tell. I have to go back in 2 days for another blood test.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! I hope little bean is ok and it was just a bleed.

My fingers are crossed for you, hope the next appointment brings good news!!

Thanks for your support ladies.
It doesn't look too hopeful, I've been passing clots since this morning. I'm still going for my 2nd blood test tomorrow but I'm preparing for bad news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->