Bleeding but getting BFPs?

RanchWife

Reaction score
At 9DPO I had very marked implantation cramping. It felt exactly like AF, wrapped around to my back, and lasted all day.

The next day by the evening I was noticing increased urination, which happened with my first pregnancy.

11DPO I had a BFN with FMU, but an EXTREMELY faint BFP in the evening. Like you had to hold it at all the angles to see it.

12 DPO, the same faint faint faint positives, am and pm. But at 12DPO, this is when the bleeding started. It was very light this day, and scantly covered a panty liner during the day. I didn't wear anything at night, and didn't get any blood stains on my underwear.

So today I'm 13DPO, got an obvious BFP this morning, but had to change my pantyliner by 1pm because it was full of bright red blood. I put on a pad thinking this must be AF, but in the last 3 hours its only got a scant amount of blood... enough to cover a couple finger widths, but it's not saturating the pad, it's just stained the top. Really slow flow... but it's bright red.

Has anyone had this? Is this going to be a chemical, or could it be ectopic, or could I maintain the pregnancy? I didn't have any bleeding with my first pregnancy, this all just seems so weird!

This is the only pregnancy I haven't had bleeding (which is strangely freaking me out)! The first two resulted in healthy babies (no reason for bleeding which lasted most of first tri). The third pregnancy was ectopic. So yes, its definitely possible you could maintain the pregnancy.

You may want to visit your doctor to see whether they want to to some bloodwork and see what's going on with your hcg.

I don't have any personal experience with this, but there may not be anything wrong at all! Congrats on the bfp!!

I agree, see your doctor to see if it's something they want to check out. Good luck!

Update -

14DPO today. BFP again and line is noticeably darker than yesterday. BUT - bleeding is noticeably heavier. More similar to a period now.

Berri - when you bled, how heavy was it? Could this be a miscarriage and it just takes a few days for the HCG to get out of your system? I had (maybe erroneously) thought that HCG drops BEFORE the bleeding starts.

This is so strange. I absolutely understand why some people think they get their periods and don't know they're pregnant.

From what I've read of others' experiences I've thought the same thing, ranchwife. I hope you get some answers soon!

I had light bleeeing with #1, with #2 what I would consider normal period (I just "felt" pregnant so I tested otherwise I would have assumed AF).

I believe that hcg can increase until miscarriage completes but I'm not sure...

Not really knowing either way is so so hard.

I would keep testing to see if it keeps getting darker. Both of my chemical pregnancies it got lighter before I started bleeding. Also it was like a period times 10 the first time. Very painful. The second time was only slightly worse than usual but I had been in the pill when I got pregnant and from what I know the pill is supposed to thin the lining in the uterus so it being lighter that time made sense. I never bled red with healthy pregnancies HOWEVER I have heard plenty of women say they did

Update

At15dpo my hug levels were 63 and I was still spotting bright red. At 17 dope they were 134! Still spotting but like half the amount. Yesterday (17 do) I just had one spot all day.

Hopefully it will stick?!

Thats great! Got my fingers crossed for you RanchWife :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->