Bleeding but positive test today

kristyrich

Reaction score
Has anyone thought they had their period but actually been pregnant?
I thought I might have been pregnant as I had headaches, back pain, cramping etc. Every test I did up till Tuesday has been negative. For the last three days I have have been bleeding, mainly brown and black but some red too. I thought it was AF but the cramping feels different and it's strange bleeding to me so I tested again today and it's a faint but definite positive!
Is it possible it's implantation or early pregnancy bleeding or more likely a chemical?
Anyone experienced a positive while bleeding?

I had a BFP right after my last period... it felt different than a normal period (lots of clots and heavier, shorter cycle)... a few days later I was getting BFN.

So probably chemical? I haven't any clots or anything. It's just very light.

It could be implantation bleeding, especially if it was lighter! Test again in a day or two and see if the line gets darker. 🤗

Yeah, it could go either way at this point. Test again in a couple days and see how the test looks. If it's getting darker, likely means pregnant and just strong early spotting. Some women spot for the first couple weeks and things are fine.

I don't want to be a debbie downer, but I've personally never had bleeding and a positive pregnancy test that ended well. Every single one has resulted in an loss.

Now, that said, my sister bled through the entire first trimester with one of her pregnancies, and birthed a happy, healthy baby girl.

Fingers are crossed for you!

Thanks everyone. I'm going to test again tomorrow. I have no more bleeding or anything but back pain, headaches and a heavy feeling in my pelvis.
I'm thinking it's possible its implantation. But I'm not sure. I had negative tests until the bleed, then a positive.
I've never had implantation bleeding before or bleeding in pregnancy before though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->