Bleeding during ovulation

bumbleberry

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm back here after getting my mirena out which I've had for 5 years. I'm trying to get used to my cycles again as I've not had a period for 5 years either.

I had a bleed after my mirena came out then it stopped. I've been tracking my cycle using Ovia and it seems quite accurate. I used a OPK for the time yesterday and there was a pinkish line but not strong so I didn't take it as a positive as I would be due to ovulate in the next few days according to Ovia. However I've just had some bright red spotting mixed with ewcm, but there seemed like quite a bit blood to be honest rather than a little spotting.
I'm not sure if its still after-effects of the mirena or whether its because I am about to ovulate :shrug:

Does anyone else experience bleeding whilst ovulating?

Some people definetly do have spotting with ovulation, when the egg burst through it can cause that.. BD just incase but it could also be your body adjusting to having the Mirena removed.

Yea I had a fair amount of spotting here and there the cycle after coming off birth control, but I have also heard that O can cause bleeding. I've never experienced it though.

Thanks guys, yeah I just a don't know what it is, ie coming off the mirena or ovulation but seems to have stopped for now.
I'm supposed to be at my most fertile for the next couple of days so will see what happens! :)

I spotted this month while ovulating but I knew it was defiantly due to ovulating down to a +opk and cramps too. It defiantly could be ovulation or as you said maybe after effects from mirena

I had ovulation spotting a few times while trying , I read it means your extra fertile.

I had ovulation spotting a few times while trying , I read it means your extra fertile.

This is great to read as this is my only ever cycle I've bled around ovulation. Af is now a day late so I'm going to test midweek. I'm praying this is our sticky bean x

I've had spotting mid cycle this cycle as well. My body is just starting to regulate after being on BCP for almost 2 years.

I had a good few months of ovulation bleeding. I didn't in the first couple of years trying for my first child (he took over 3 years) but I did in the last year. Sometimes it would be like a light period and would last a couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->