Bleeding for 12 days

Ask4joy

Reaction score
I'm feeling very worried...I started spotting 5 days before AF which has never happened and I thought it was implantation bleeding, but AF arrived on time. I had a normal 5 day AF and am now still slightly spotting 3 days after making 12 days of bleeding in all so far. I see my doctor tomorrow but I'm worried she is going to dismiss it. Any thoughts?

I had a similar thing start with me about 3 cycles ago. Would start spotting about 4-5 days prior to AF etc. AF would then last anything from 1-5 days, lastmonth AF was only 1 day and then spotting again for another 4. When I spoke to my gynae about it he brushed it off saying it doesn't matter if your AF duration varies cause your body will bleed for as long as it takes to shed the lining; which might only take 1 day one month and then 5 the next. As for the spotting, he seemed to think it was nothing to worry about. But in the same breath, I was diagnosed with pcos so maybe its the norm for that? Sorry I cant give you better input. Hopefully your doc can give you proper answers

Just got back from my appointment. Doctor basically said "that's weird" but didn't offer much insight. The bleeding had stopped yesterday...she looked at my cervix and said it looks fine and no sign of bleeding. I asked about progesterone and she said that they don't do that testing anymore because the research regarding low progesterone levels doesn't pan out. She suggested I take baby aspirin.

Did you happen to take a pregnancy test when the spotting started? A chemical pregnancy could explain the extra bleeding. I had one before my current pregnancy and I only knew because I took a test right away and went to MD to confirm. The positive lasted less than 24 hours, and I bled for about the same length as you, maybe a few days longer. On a positive note - my pregnancy has been very healthy and I'm ready to pop soon :) Take care of yourself and best wishes!

I did and it they were negative although I had a very convincing evap a couple of days before I started bleeding. I had a CP the month before. Makes me worried there is an issue causing the embryo not to stick...maybe that's why my doc suggested baby aspirin.

Congrats on your bun in the oven!

I'm not much help but I've been bleeding for 12-15 days since Christmas although I've only had about 4 cycles since then, I've tried and tried to get through to my dr but it's just not working, I want to know why it's happening but she just rushed me out the door.

I'm sorry, Natalie. It's very frustrating! I would say if this has been happening to you consistently every month try finding another doctor or even a reproductive endocrinologist. :hugs:

I've had two that I know of cycles where I haven't ovulated, I had a cd21 blood test which said no and I have another this cycle and I'm hoping if it shows no ovulation I will be referred to someone who knows what they are talking about, it's so stressful x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->