Bleeding ... for awhile

Willsmom

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm not really sure what is going on with my posts - but this is my last try. I posted in the introduction section and was told to post in first trimester. I posted there and don't see it at all ... getting discouraged.

Anyway, I am almost 15 weeks and have been bleeding since 6wks. I have had three ultrasounds now. The first ultrasound had me diagnosed with a "Threatened Spontaneous Abortion" ... part of the uterus was not fully attached. Doctors were not overly concerned. Second ultrasound ... doctors not concerned. Going for the results of the 3rd tomorrow. Baby was moving quite a bit in the last one, flipping and kicking. Heartbeat was 144.

The bleeding is only when I wipe - sometimes bright red, sometimes pink - 9 times out of 10 it's there.

I am on my second round of antibiotics - first for UTI and now for strep throat. I am stressed to the max. Just wondering if anyone else has any words of wisdom or advice.

aww hun :hugs: i was bleeding from wk 5 - 10 it was very worrying but the fact that baby looked good on the last scan is good news, some women just do end up bleeding a bit during pregnancy at least they are doing something

aawww hun just wanted to send you some :hug:

if the medicals were concerned in any way at all then i'm sure they would've told you about it and not let you go home until they were sure everything was fine!

you could possibly think about getting yourself a heartbeat doppler for reassurance? you can get them cheap on ebay and are a godsend for putting your mind at ease!!

Oh I'm sorry that would be stressful for sure. Are you able to take some time out to give yourself some needed rest for a few days? I'm not sure why you're bleeding but there are women who do bleed a lot and go on to have healthy pregnancies. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Hey sweetie,

I'm sorry that you are having a tough time - I bled for a couple of weeks when I was 10weeks, so I know how scary it can be. Mine turned out to be due to me having an Ectropian Cervix - this means there are extra cells growing on my cervix that can be quite raw and are easily irritated. It kinda looks like a little ulcer really. They could tell by just doing an internal exam.

I hope they can set your mind at rest hun.

And welcome to the forum :)

Thanks for putting up this post, it gives me hope that i'll be ok too :)
Good luck with your scan x

Hey hun, my nan bled HEAVY BRIGHT RED BLOOD (filled about 4-5pads a day) through out the whole of her pregnancy from A-B. Doctor's never knew where the blood came from, but she had a perfect healthy baby at the end of it! I'm sure it'll be fine :) Keep strong you! :hugs: x x x X

Just to update ... I was at the doctor's office today and she said that my last ultrasound was good. The baby is quite active and is growing at a healthy rate. The report contradicted itself and said that placenta was low and then said that it wasn't. My doctor said that whatever is causing the bleeding does not seem to be bothering the baby - and still cannot offer an explanation for it. I am going to continue to be on modified work at work and see my doctor again in 3 weeks.

Thanks for all the happy thoughts ... I need it.

That's awesome news! I bled for the first 5 weeks after I found out, as well. Mine just stopped. I think everything 'down there' was just very sensitive.

Congratulations, Hun. God is good! :hugs:

Hey Hun have been bleeding for the last two and a half weeks and it is VERY stressful! I'm even on bestest for fear of it getting worse! I too have no cause and after three ultrasounds swabs urine samples no one is any the wiser. It's always worse in the morning, and us red, then pink by the end of the day. It has also got progressively worse over the last week!

It's horrible and I'm sorry i have no words of wisdom but fingers crossed for both of us that it stops soon! Best of luck Hun and it's great news bubs is active in there! Xxx

I can't even imagine how worrying the bleeding must be!

I did want to offer a positive story though. :)

A friend of ours had bleeding throughout her entire pregnancy. She said it was like having a period that never ended. I didn't ask her too much about how heavy it was, but she did say it was heavy enough to go through several pads per day. It turned out she had placenta previa, and she delivered a healthy boy in September! He's now a huge nine month old :)

Hang in there! I hope they can tell you what is going on to relieve the stress, but so long as they don't seem concerned, try not to stress out too much. Easier said than done, I know!

:hugs:

Glad to hear things are going better! I had a sub-chronic hemotoma (SCH) from 7 wks till about 16 weeks. I had 2 massive bleeds and was told I was a threated pregnancy. I know how scary it is. Now the bleeding is gone, and the sch is as well!
I am sure your little one will be fine! :):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->