bleeding in nappy?

anamaz

pregnant 1st tri mum to 1
Reaction score
is it true that you find blood and its perfectly normal if its only a lil when your baby is first born?

my partner told me his firned said this to him and i have never heard of this before

was just wondering

I assume you mean from their bottom and not their cord site. And yes, it is not abnormal to ahve little girls exhibit puberty like symptoms including a small bleed like a period, and even be able to express some milk/colostrom from their nipples!

It has to do with their system being so overwhelmed by the mothers hormones up to and through delivery - but if you're worried, contact your baby's doctor.

:hug:

yeah, i was told about this when nicole was born. Totally normal apparently, but obviously is theres quite alot i would speak to hv about it.

Yeah, definitely normal. Little girls can get a withdrawal bleed from the progesterone we were producing. Although my daughter did not have any bleeding, she did have what I would call an adult discharge (very much like EWCM) for the first week.

Mia had the same thing as Frankie, but it disappeared quickly.

Kaya had a wee bit of bleeding, but it was gone within two days. She also had some lumps under her nipples (bit like breast tissue) but again, that was gone pretty quickly.

I was talkin to bexy_22 in chatroom about this the other nite, me havin a boy first i wasn't aware that this sort of stuff happenin i was lucky that my sister mention this before i went into labour. She had been told nothing about this either, it is amazing that the midwife's or anyone else mentions this too you-or am i the only one? x x

& some newborn boys have a 'discharge' that at first looks like blood but is actually orange crystals - all totally normal!

Bella had blood and discharge and breast lumps. She still has some lumps in her breasts that the dr. said were horomones and they would go away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->