Bleeding last night at 11 weeks

Clever.Name

Reaction score
Ladies, freaking out over here. Never had any bleeding of any sort in my previous two pregnancies. Last night passed a pretty large blood clot but then the bleeding stopped after that, nothing since. Havn't even seen my OB yet, so will call my GP today and see if I can get in for an ultrasound. I'm terrified! I know there's many stories of bleeding in 1st tri that turned out to be fine, even blood clots. Help calm my mind!! thanks :)

Totally happened with my last pregnancy at 9+5. Passed what looked like a clot and nothing else. It was a SCH and had no issue after that. I had a scan booked 3 days later anyways and baby was happy. Get yourself checked for peace of mind but I'm sure everything is fine.:hugs:

Thank you SweetV. I'm hoping. Having trouble getting an appt for ultrasound. Crossing my fingers i'll get in before the long weekend here in Canada. Would hate to have to wait until next week. Ugh.

I had a bleed at 11 weeks. This is my third and I'd only ever bled with losses before so I was terrified. But it stopped pretty much straight away and when I got checked, my cervix was closed and no source could be seen on the scan. Baby perfectly happy. I've had another scan since and it looks like everything is just fine. So there's definitely hope! Also, comparing this bleed to my two later losses, this was the only one that stopped. Both miscarriages got progressively worse in terms of bleeding. So the fact that you're bleeding was a one-off is a good sign I think. All the best to you!

Thanks everyone, just got back from the ultrasound and everything looks good thank goodness! Baby was bouncing around, they couldn't tell me anything about the source of the bleed but my Dr will get the results tomorrow and call me. She did say my cervix looked closed and placenta was totally fine. I'm so relieved!! Still spotting brown a bit but hopefully that bright red will stay far far away! Glad to hear all was well with yours too Amygdala!

Wonderful update! So glad that baby looked good in there!

Read this in a kind of "I'm 11 weeks" panic and v glad to read there was a positive outcome!

Not exactly relevant but I had a random one off bleed at 16 weeks with my second and was told that blood vessels in the cervix can kind of pop? (Not the medical term, but this is going back a while) so I know that you can have harmless bleeds, but it is so great to be able to get checked out and know for sure!

Glad everything is ok. 11 weeks is such a long way to have come so you must be extremely relieved x

Read this in a kind of "I'm 11 weeks" panic and v glad to read there was a positive outcome!

Not exactly relevant but I had a random one off bleed at 16 weeks with my second and was told that blood vessels in the cervix can kind of pop? (Not the medical term, but this is going back a while) so I know that you can have harmless bleeds, but it is so great to be able to get checked out and know for sure!

Thanks LaFemme. Glad everything was fine with you too! Was totally terrified as never had any kind of bleeding in previous pregnancies. I'm still having some v. light brown spotting, but not more red. Really hope it stays that way. I have my proper 12 week ultrasound and check-in on Monday, will be mentioning it to my OB and have them check everything again.

My GP said the ultrasonographer said i have a uterine fibroid which may or may not be a SCH, i guess we wait and see. I also want them to double check my cervix is completely closed. Oh, the worries! they never end.

Glad everything is ok. 11 weeks is such a long way to have come so you must be extremely relieved x

Was thinking the exact same thing. Not easy at all, but I would imagine it would be somewhat easier to accept a loss at 5-6 weeks than all the way at 11! Ultrasonographer said I was measuring 11+6 instead of 11+2, so that's good news that baby is right size too. Not sure if they're going to move my due date (again).

Wasn't able to pick up HB on my doppler either (found it way earlier in previous pregnancies) plus i'm HUGE so was wondering if i have an anterior placenta, which could explain it. I guess we'll see next week!

Glad everything turned out ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->