Bleeding, Sac bigger than foetus?

flower1985

Reaction score
hi

i recently had an emergency scan due to some very small bleeding which i had every now and then, to me it sounded like spotting which is normal. i had the scan and they basically told me to go home and expect to miscarry in the next couple of weeks and if i couldnt do it naturally then they would probably have to operate. the problem being the sac is 7 weeks and my foetus is 6, therefore a week smaller. the baby could be slow growing and could catch up or as they said the baby had stopped growing. my husband and i think we may have given the wrong dates when we went for the scan, thinking we wre 10 weeks or so, when we came home it worked out about 6/7 which would make everything the right amount of weeks. i have read that sacs can be slightly bigger and another explanation is that it could be twins and one foetus is behind the other meaning th sac needs to be big enough for 2 babies. Most mornings now i am bleeding a very small amount and thats it for the rest of the day.

I want to know if anyone has or is experiencing bigger sacs than foetus' and if you have bleeding through the first 3 months?

Im currently signed off work for 2 weeks waiting for somethign to happen according to the midwives and im laid up resting, im going out of mind with worry but trying to keep positive so im not stressing my body out.

Any advice? Any midwives?

i would call and arrange another scan to be on the safe side especially if you think there has been a dates mix up. they should be able to see the heartbeat by now aswell so i would defo give them a call.

that way you will know either way.

hope all goes well... take care x

as far as i was aware you cant see heartbeat at 6 wks - not until 12 weeks?

That's not true you can see the heartbeat at 6 weeks!

AS FAR AS I AM AWARE YOU CAN SEE HEARTBEAT AROUND 6WEEKS!!!
I THINK YOU SHOULD GO WITH YOUR INSTINCTS!!
DONT LET THEM DO ANYTHING YOU ARENT SURE OFF!!
GET ANOTHER SCAN TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE
GOOD LUCK,HOPE IT ALL GOES WELL FOR YOU!! :hugs: :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back