Bleeding, so worried!!

ROSSLOUN

TTC #1 after m/c 1/1/10
Reaction score
hi girls,

posted this a few days ago after my 2nd early scan:

(had another early scan today at the Early Pregnancy Unit due to slight bleeding i had for a bit there (no pain).

Anyway based on my LMP (26/10/2009) I thought I was around 7 weeks..

I had a scan last week (mon) 7/12/09 where they saw a gestational sac (nothing else) they said I was about 4 - 5 weeks with a sac measuring 4.2mm.. they booked me in for another scan.

Went today where they saw the gestational sac again which now measures 9.4 mm (more than doubled in size!) and the yolk sac... she said she thought she saw a flicker (hb) but could not confirm so I would need to go back next week again to see the progress (at 9 am on xmas eve!!). She said the sac size is measuring about 5 weeks.. (again!)

Don't know what to think she said its good news and it may still be early but I was just expecting to see more and from my calculations i thought i was about 7 weeks.... Going to be a long week again!

Anyone had any experiences or can offer some advice?
)

UPDATE

last night I was bleeding again, just when i wipe (don't get any on underwear). It was a pink/red colour.
When I woke this morning ater the toilet again i wiped and it was like dark brown colour, again only when i wipe. Throughout the day its brown when I wipe (not a lot). I've had no pain or anything, just have the usual bloated feeling i have had throughout.

I have another scan on Thurs.. should i wait until then or should i try get it earlier? My last scan was only on Wednesday there....

I wish I would just stop bleeding, it is making me so nervous!

Anyone any stories of hope when bleeding :(

I would try and get a quantitative Hcg. If you are to m/c, then your numbers will be falling or not as high as they should. BUT...I have had bleeding where everything was fine and I delivered a healthy baby, and I have had bleeding where I miscarried. The question is....do you have cramps??? That is the big one.

I hope everything will be alright hun let us all know what goes on x

thanks for the reply.

No i don't have any cramps at all, no pain whatsoever. Just feel bloated but have done throughout.

Just don't know what to think. When i was in EPU they didn't mention taking any bloods or anything, they were happy with the increase in the size of the gest sac xx

Hi hun. Ive had a similar experience. When i was just over 6weeks i had a small amount of bleeding which then turned to bown when i wiped, I was so scared! I went to A&E but the doc was horrible and i actually felt worse coming out of the hosp. I rang my early pregnancy department and got booked in for a Scan on The Thurs of that week (It was he mon i called) So as you can imagine the wait was torture...

Thankfully i was 7weeks when I went to the scan and there was a heartbeat. I know its such a worrying thing but when I went to the midwife she said bleeding in pregnancy is so much more common than people think. Please keep your chin up although I know its hard not to worry! :hugs: Sending LOADS of sticky dust to you! Im sure you and bean will be fine especially if there is a yolk sack and it has increased in size this can only be a good sign. :hugs: x

i bled with both my babies and the dr said it was normal to have a bit of bleeding, as long as its not clots. i also thought i was far along i my pegnancy but they put me back 2 weeks, i know its hard but try and not worry xx

I've been bleeding on and off since I was 5 wks. I have also previously MC at 5 wks. If you're not in any pain, then this is a really good sign. It's also really positive that your gest sac is increasing...with this pregnancy, the EPU didn't take bloods either as in their view the pregnancy was progressing appropriately. Keep the faith hun xxx

i would ring epu and see if they can see you. just hope and pray your baby is ok. xx

Hun I have had three seperate bleeds during his pregnancy. The last one - a week ago - I lost quite alot of bright red blood and passed two clots. I was convinced I had lost both babies. When I went to the hospital they examined me, confirmed my womb was still closed and booked me in for an emergency scan two days later. When I was scanned both babies had good HB's and were swimming around happily. During all of my bleeds I haven't had any pain - the hospital said I am just one of those women who bleeds!! I hope everything is ok with you. If you are really worried or the bleeding starts to get heavier I would go back to hospital and ask for a scan. Good Luck xx

Thanks Roobie,

So they gave you no reason for the bleeding? When they scanned me on wed the MW said she could see a slight bleed near the sac and this is where the bleeding could be coming from. They just don't give you any definate answers, they were just saying 'sometimes it happens'.

It was the bleed last night that worried me, more pink/red in colour but as i said no pain.. x

When they scanned me they just said there was a something showing up in my uterus, just behind the membrane that could be a bleed but it was only measuring 1cm. I have spoken to quite a few people and bleeding in pregnancy (although scary) is quite common. Good Luck and keep me posted xx

Have my scan tomorrow at 3.30pm....

I'm still bleeding slightly (red) no clots and no pain tho.

Just hoping everything is ok. Also have been doing quite a lot of research and apparently it is quite common for women to bleed (breakthrough bleeding)?? around when their period would be due which is now for me.

I just hope and pray baby is ok xx

Fingers crossed that everything is ok for you xx

Hi, I've also had bleeding this time around, I was so worried at first but it seems to be settling down now. My doctor doesn't seem to be worried at all and hasn't referred me to the early pregnany unit, do you think I should ask to be scanned? My 12 week is not til the 5th Feb.
Good luck with yours tomorrow, I was told that only 50 percent of women that bleed in early pregnancy actually miscarry. It is flipping scary though eh!?

Very scary!! How heavy has your bleeding been? How long has it been going on?

I phoned the EPU of the hospital myself a couple of weeks ago (didn't go through doctor) when i was getting some spotting. They invited me in to get a scan, i then had another one last week and have this one tomorrow.

I would definately phone them if you want to put your mind at rest. In a way i think it can be a bad thing though as i had my scans so eary (5 & 6) weeks that they couldn't see baby so it makes you worry even more!

Hopefully despite the bleeding i will see a heart beat tomorrow, that would be the best xmas present ever!! xx

Mine was enough to wear a panty liner at one point. Generally it's just pink when I wipe though. I haven't had it since the weekend so fingers crossed it's stopped now but I'm so worried about it. I had a cyst removed from my womb in July and am convinced thats gonna have caused me problems. I keep trying to be positive but it's so hard.

I hope everything goes well for you, if you are worried though i would phone epu and request a scan. If you tell them about the bleeding they should invite you in for an appointment. I'm sure everything will be fine xx

I'm going to try that tomorrow, thank you, I didn't know that was an option, my GP is lovely but she's very young and confdident and I think she thinks we're all as confident as she is! I'm not! I'm cr***ing myself!

Aw thats good. If you know what hospital you have been referred to by your doctor then phone them, they should have an early pregnancy unit that you can speak to and explain your situation. Let me know how you get on, good luck xx

I've had spotting since Saturday but they did an early scan and saw bubs heartbeating. Believe me, it can be/will be upsetting. However like some of the ladies here, I was told that it was really common. Not even given a reason why I was bleeding as everything looked fine on the ultrasound. The nurse said it just happens. F'xd for you and call them first thing in the morning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->