Bleeding then BFP?

peanutbear

Please stay little bean!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies, This is my first post to this website. I'm confused- and looking for some help.

For the past few days I have been having bleeding (ranging from orangish-pink-red-brown) starting from 10dpo and lasting for two and half days. My cycles are normally around 29-30 days and this one was 26. I was testing during my bleeding but all BFN. For some reason I decided to test tonight (at 13-14dpo) and got a very faint BFP. Has this happened to anyone and actually been pregnant?

I also started charting this month and during the bleeding my temp stayed right around my cover line, except for the temp from this morning which was lower. I also question the accuracy of my thermometer because I could test twice in one morning and get two completely different numbers.

I don't want to get my hopes up. My husband and I have been trying for almost six months since my last pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 7 weeks.

Any help or encouraging words would be appreciated.

What type of test did you use if you dont mind me asking it sounds like you could have had implantation bleeding i know with my last daughter it was just a light pink and it was only once when i wiped and that was it but ive read of other ladies spotting for a couple of days :) Gl hope its your bfp!!!

I bought some cheap ones off the Amazon website. I've had accurate readings with the same brand opks- so I'm thinking the tests I have are accurate. Maybe I should buy some tests at Walmart.

Your temps will fluctuate if you take them twice in one morning - just flipping over in bed will give you a different result - so don't worry about that.

It's possible you had a pretty heavy implantation bleed? Post your tests!

I'd say too that if you test tomorrow you'll have a solid answer (darker lines).

FX for you!

Thanks Ladies for all your input. My doctor pulled me in for a blood test today and I won't get results until tomorrow.

Yes you can have slight spotting, it's called implantation bleeding. As long as it stopped now you should be okay. Good luck hun!

Yep, I had implantation bleeding....thought it was the start of my period.....only it was for 1-2 days and didn't continue....which was odd for me. A few days later I tested just for the heck of it and was SHOCKED to get a + as we weren't trying. NOw 22 weeks preggo with a healthy baby! Good luck!!!

So I have news...but not so sure if what kind of news it is. My blood test can back with 18 hcg - so my doctors aren't sure if my numbers are going up or coming back down. I have another blood test scheduled a week away- which seems like TORTURE!

It seems weird that my tests would pick up hcg at 18. But some encouraging news- my test today was darker than yesterday.

I don't even feel like I can be excited yet- especially since I know the pain of losing a pregnancy.

18 hcg is completely normal for what stage of pregnancy you are at right now. And I'm a little surprised the docs aren't testing your blood for a week, usually they do it every 2 days looking for at least a 60% increase.
if the test got darker, and the bleeding stopped, I would take that as a good sign
gl deary

So I have news...but not so sure if what kind of news it is. My blood test can back with 18 hcg - so my doctors aren't sure if my numbers are going up or coming back down. I have another blood test scheduled a week away- which seems like TORTURE!

It seems weird that my tests would pick up hcg at 18. But some encouraging news- my test today was darker than yesterday.

I don't even feel like I can be excited yet- especially since I know the pain of losing a pregnancy.

I know how you feel. You are scared to get excited. Please make sure they check you for clotting disorders and your progesterone levels. You just might need a lil suppository... just up until 14 weeks. It really helps a lot and puts you a little at ease.

Good luck mama.

Hun that sounds REALLY promising!

Yes, tests can pick up 18hcg. They pick up minimum 25, but can pick up much much less. Anything over 5 Hcg means pregnancy!

And if the test line is darker, your numbers are going UP! Keep testing, and congrats! !! ! !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->