bleeding

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
hi guys im on 6 weeks pregnant and last night i went to the toilet before i went to bed and when i wiped there was a brown/red blood (more brown than red) on the tissue paper.
i got up this morning and been to toilet a few times and its still there when i wipe.

there is no clots and its not blood like AF its just seems to be in my wee, sorry for TMI.

im now worried im gonna miscarry.

can anyone help me put my mind at rest.

thanks in advance.

x x x x

Hi - I'm going through exactly the same although I have tiny clots from time to time. My only reassurance is that my cervix is still closed which means no immanent miscarriage.

Bleeding is perfectly normal. Brown blood is old blood so not too much too worry about there. But if you are really unsure see if you can go to your Early Pregnancy Unit to get checked out!

if you are worried go and see your midwife,its proberly nothing, just to reasure you x x

Although it can be normal I would advice you to ring your doctor or midwife and tell them even just for you own peace of mind..sending you :hugs: and well wishes...xx

Mrsnewbury how are u? did u speak to ur doc??
I also notice a tiny bit of blood when I went toilet and am ever so worried now.. :(

no not been to docs its abit confusing ive just recently moved and have signed up with a new doctor but im waiting for them to say that i can join, so really ill just have to keep my fingers crossed and wait and see. x x

I had some brown blood at 8 weeks then at 16. Did you have sex recently? If its only brown your probaly fine, but it it continues check with a doctor.

mrsnewbury I am also in the same boat!!
but the new dc I need to sign up with is away until the 17th dec so i feel like i have no one to turn to between now & then...
Has ur bleeding stopped now?

well its very light now and its only when i wipe,its not like blood but i cant explain it.

we had sex a couple of days ago

thanks to you all.

as you say brown blood is old blood but what will it be?

i havnt had any spotting since last AF which was 23 october.

It could be (and most likely is) nothing but I think I would still go ahead and have it checked out. I know you said you are waiting on your doctor since you just moved is there any chance you can have it checked out at the hospital? Better to be on the safe side I think.

at 6 weeks i had some red blood which was when i went to the toilet about 3 times and each time i wiped. it was gone by the following morning and i had a scan a few days later and everything was ok. Sometimes sex can irritate your cervix and where it is engorged with blood at this time it can cause it to bleed also it may be implantation bleeding making its way out its very common but at the same time you should speak to your doctor about it especially if it doesnt appear to be reducing. No cramps accompanying it is a good sign .

best of luck x

no i have had no cramping,it has got lighter.

it didnt start til really late last night so it might have stoped by now.

hey vicky your only 1 week ahead of me. how r u doing

I'm doing well, the morning sickness started at around 5 1/2 weeks but it's slowly gotten better *fingers crossed* that it stays that way!! And I've been really tired recently. Other than that doing well, have a doctors appointment next Wednesday, excited about that, hopefully it will be more interesting than the last one :rofl:

How are you doing, other than the bleeding?

Hi

I have been bleeding on and off since Friday night. I went straight to A&E where they done some bloods, urine sample and swabs everything came back clear. They also sent me for a scan on Monday and everything was ok with the baby too and even got to see the heart beat for the first time which was amazing. They said the bleeding could be caused by 3 things, Viginal Infection, Threatened Miscarriage, or Implantation Bleed. They said any pains or if the bleeding gets heavy or/and if i get any cramping or other pains I have to go straight back. So far everything is ok but the bleeding is still coming and going.

If you are really worried I would recommend getting it checked out. It may be nothing but at least it would put your mind at rest.

Nikki

I hope everything is ok hon, I would go to the hospital if the bleeding gets worse and/or are accompanied by severe cramps. Brown blood is a good sign. Spotting seems to be fairly common, well at least on this forum I've noticed A LOT of girls have been going through a similar type of situation. I aswell had bleeding in this pregnancy, it was brown,pink and sometimes red and this happened almost everyday for a month and I had another scare at 15 weeks but all is fine. Chances are things are fine but if you're really worried, I'd go to the hospital to put your mind at ease :hugs:

I would just go to the hospital regardless they should give you a scan, good luck x

I've gone through this too, but according to the Mayo Clinic Guide to Healthy Pregnancy, up to 40% of pregnant women have some sort of spotting during their first trimester. Generally, unless it's heavy, there's clotting, or accompanied by significant cramping they say it's nothing to worry about...though I know that's easier said than done...you'll see just yesterday i posted looking for reassurance after noticing a bit of blood when i wiped :blush:

Also, between weeks 6-8, the placenta is implanting, and can cause implantation bleeding the same way that embryo implantation can. So, you're at the right time for placental implantation, which could lead to a little bleeding.

You're probably fine, but if it doesn't stop within the next 24-36 hours, I'd call the doctor....if I were you :)

Hi - I'm going through exactly the same although I have tiny clots from time to time. My only reassurance is that my cervix is still closed which means no immanent miscarriage.

Bleeding is perfectly normal. Brown blood is old blood so not too much too worry about there. But if you are really unsure see if you can go to your Early Pregnancy Unit to get checked out!

^^^^^ RachiePachie is spot on!!!

I hope it stops for you hun so that you feel easier :hugs:x

the bleeding has stoped now.

vickie im doing fine just gonna relax and take it easy for a while as someone said to me that i may have been bleeding as i was doing too much.
(any excuse to put my feet up)

thanks guys.

Glad to hear you are doing ok and really happy to hear that the bleeding has stopped. Get plenty of rest!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->