Bleeding

clb1982

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm 5w 5d pregnant with my 2nd child and I have started to bleed a little today.

When I went to the toilet first thing this morning and wiped I noticed blood. I have had some slight cramping and had back ache this morning, plus breast have not been that tender today.

I called my midwife and she said it's very common to bleed a little in early pregnancy and to go to A&E if the bleeding gets heavy or I start passing clots. She also booked me in for a 7 weeks scan on 1st nov, but that's over a week away and I can't help but be worried :(

Help!!!

Anyone else experienced this and the baby was ok or miscarried?

I'm sorry you're suffering with this. Unfortunately my experience with bleeding was not good. But there are a lot of ladies on here who bled and everything was fine so it could go either way really. Good luck. Hope you get some reassurance soon. :hugs:

I'm sorry you're suffering with this. Unfortunately my experience with bleeding was not good. But there are a lot of ladies on here who bled and everything was fine so it could go either way really. Good luck. Hope you get some reassurance soon. :hugs:

Hi confuzion

Thanks for your reply and sorry about your loss. I have been told it's common. How many weeks were you when you lost your little one?

I was 7 weeks 4 days. I didn't really start bleeding until the day before I completely miscarried. So it happened very fast for me. And I knew it was coming as I'd had an ultrasound that showed the baby had no heartbeat literally the day before.

Now I'm 2 days away from that milestone and really nervous about it.

Sorry you are going through this, I have no experience of bleeding but I have my fingers crossed that everything is ok xxx

I bled with my second pregnancy hun, it wasn't bright red blood it was quite dark, and the pregnancy went fine, my lil man is 4 years old now :) i hope the bleeding is nothing to worry about hun, iv got my fingers crossed for your scan. X

I'm in the midst of a bleeding issue myself and I recommend getting it checked. I bled on and off for most of 2 pregnancies and they were for nothing serious but this time they found a 3x2 centimeter hemorrhage last night and am now on bed rest till we know it's healed. I wouldn't chance it and worry yourself for nothing. Good luck.

My miscarriage was at 5w4d started with extreme lower back ache that nothing could soothe, lost my sore boobs a couple days before, then I woke up in the morning fine then laying in bed I started getting period cramps and I went to the bathroom and there was brown blood that turned pink, then red and then the clots started, it was horrible but all over on its own in 4 days. Hope everything is ok x

I am in the same boat, I am 5w4d (guessing) and have been spotting for the past week. It's usually brown or really light pink. Yesterday I had really dark, between being brown and red so I called my doctors office and the nurse said to not worry, that it was normal and to go to the ER if it was bright red or bled plenty onto a pad. I haven't had either, still wiping and getting brown. I spotted with my first, lots of pink and brown, but nothing like what I got yesterday, felt like the end/beginning of a period, which is what I described to the nurse who also told me it was normal. I don't have a proper appointment until Nov. 4th but if I keep spotting like this and it doesn't let up, I am going into the ER for peace of mind. Best of luck hun!

Just replied on a similar post. Last week when I just hit 7 weeks I started to bleed, it was like the start of my period. I went to the dr who referred me to have an early scan which showed baby was fine and had a nice heartbeat. The think it was either a blood clot or an undeveloped twin which caused the bleed (which seems fairly common) I still get the odd spotting when I wipe but nothing heavier.

Fingers crossed for you that everything turns out ok :)

Hi, I hope everything goes OK, I am in the same boat, off to see the Dr later. Last pregnancy I had heavy bleeding and baby is 2 now! They said last time as RC86 said could have poss been an undeveloped twin.

Thanks for all the responses, I am still bleeding but it's like a light period. My midwife said its common and to try not to worry. I have been booked in for a 7 week scan but that seems ages away on 1st nov. I had cramping yesterday and a bit of clotting. But my boobs are not very tender now :( I just want to know

Hi, I hope everything goes OK, I am in the same boat, off to see the Dr later. Last pregnancy I had heavy bleeding and baby is 2 now! They said last time as RC86 said could have poss been an undeveloped twin.

Hi pink polka dot when did you start bleeding in your last pregnancy? Did you worry? Was it like a light period and any small clots?

I had small amount of bleeding at 5 weeks, but went for a scan and had a heartbeat already. I think well i know mine was because me and my partner had sex for the first time in ages. I panicked and thought oh crap.... but to this day now 11 weeks, im still having strong symptoms and ive got my 12 weeks scan tomorrow. I wish you the best of luck. stay strong, i know the worry is horrid. xx

Hi pink polka dot when did you start bleeding in your last pregnancy? Did you worry? Was it like a light period and any small clots?

Hi, last time I started spotting about 5/6 weeks I think and then it was on and off period like bleeding and a very heavy bleed with large clots about 8 weeks. I was really worried yes, it's natural to be worried but at the same time it is quite common, I have read in some places 1 in 5 and other places say 1/3 of women have bleeding :flower:

Hi. I just posted another thread on here a few days ago due to bleeding. When I first saw the blood last Wednesday, I called the doctor right away and had a scan the next morning. All was fine. Bleeding unexplained. Says it happens to a lot of women in first tri but to call again if it gets worse. It continued but never more than when I wiped. Also it was brown only.

Then this Monday rolled around and I got up from a 2 hr meeting at work and could feel that I was soaked. Rushed to the bathroom and a lot of blood. Still brown but many small clots and I was cramping. Freaked out, called doctor and scheduled for another scan Tuesday morning. Bled overnight enough to have to wear a pad but not soak it through fully. Thorough scan done and everything totally fine. Again they said some women just bleed due to increased blood flow to cervix, left over old blood, clots, sex, etc. We haven't had sex so mine isn't from that. However I have violently been throwing up and I can feel it deep down when I do.

Anyway, now it's Thursday and I am still spotting brown but it's pretty light. I am 8w5d. It's totally scary but apparently can be normal unfortunately. Stay in close contact with your doc and go to the ER if you have to. I'm sure everything is probably fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->