Blighted ovum fear?

hairftsher

Reaction score
I've been trying my best to not freak out about my pregnancy and so far I've been doing good. My hcg levels were fine but I've only checked them once, but I managed to be okay with that.
I'm just over 9 weeks now and stumbled upon an article regarding blighted ovums and I can't for the life of me shake the fear. I've had no real morning sickness. I threw up once and have been feeling pretty nauseous off and on, and my boobs have been killing me. I've had no spotting or pains that are concerning (the odd pain if I move too fast or stretch too far).

I just wondered if any ladies had any advice or experience with this, or perhaps similar fear.

I have a nuchal scan coming up in 2-3 weeks (yet to Book it)

I was the same as you, worried about blighted ovum as not many symptoms at all. But i had a scan at 8 weeks and all was fine. If you've not been spotting that's a really good sign so try not to worry too much it's more than likely everything is fine x

My understanding is that blighted ovums typically involve the same symptoms as a viable pregnancy, because that early on it is the gestational sac that releases the hormones anyway. Try not to pick apart what you're feeling! Hugs.

If it was a BO you would experience morning sickness X 10

Wss. A bo tends to throw a lot of hormones out at the start. In my case I had sore boobs, constipation, weeing in the night and tiredness v early on. Around the 7/8 week mark these dropped off. I went for a private scan at 9 wks to find a 5 wk gestational sac. Subsequent pgs have had a more gradual build up of symptoms.

If I'm not mistaken, if you can see hb, you are off the hook from blighted ovum. Hb can be detected by transvaginal u/s as early as 6 weeks.

If it was a BO you would experience morning sickness X 10

No, this is not always true.

I lost a baby in March of 2013 to a blighted ovum and did not have a single bout of nausea or morning sickness.

What I did experience was intermittent brown spotting. I had brown spotting a week after my BFP and then it ceased for another week. Once it came back, it was slight and recurrent with some cramping (nothing unbearable). I went to my OB out of concern and when I had my scan done (should have been a little over 6 weeks), there was nothing on the screen to be seen. My HCG was still high enough to turn positive, but a couple days later I started bleeding.

FWIW- I have very easy pregnancies. I had zero morning sickness with my two children, and only one bout this time around (albeit a bit more nausea if I go too long without eating). So, a smooth sailing first trimester does not always mean something is wrong. :hugs:

Wss, I had a bo in January and didn't have any morning sickness or nausea, with my ds I had nausea from my bfp, this time round I've had nausea from about 6 weeks so fingers crossed everything goes ok at my 12 week scan. Xxx good luck xxx

I worry about it too.. Especially because I had symptoms since implantation pretty much! I also worry about ectopic pregnancies.. And this time around I am worried about developing a subchorionic hemorrhage (had one with my last baby but thankfully it went away with no further issues) and I'm also REALLY hoping not to have an anterior placenta this time around.. Not that those cause any issues but it masks a lot of the movement.. this will be my last baby (hubby is getting a vasectomy).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->