Blighted Ovum - Trying to cope

peskipiksee

Reaction score
My name shows as peskipiksee but you can just call me pesk or peski, whatever is easiest. I'm 33 years old, have a 9 year old daughter and I just found out that my pregnancy is ending in a blighted ovum. I'm 7 weeks + 2 today and I'm hoping that my body will quickly figure this out so it can all be over with. I'm sure it's a horrible thing to say but I just want it gone.

My husband, I'll call him Jack, is as devastated as I am. We had decided to start trying for another in March so I had my IUD removed and I got pregnant in June only to have this happen. Everything seemed to be going well until week 5 when I had cramping similar to AF. The doctors checked the location of the pregnancy and that was fine but the blood work came back with low HCG levels. A week later, they did another blood draw. It had gone from 534 to 1327. Bad news. The gestational sac as of Monday measured 7mm with a yolk sac of 6mm. Not good. Just had another blood draw yesterday and I'm waiting to see if the HCG has dropped yet.

When I spoke to the doctor yesterday, he explained what I would expect and depending on the blood results I may need another ultrasound and have the miscarriage induced. I completely forgot to ask if I need to get Rhogam once I started bleeding because I have a negative blood type. Guess I'll be calling him today.

Right now, I'm trying to hold it together for the sake of my daughter. I'm glad she wasn't home yesterday when I got the news because I was a blubbering mess while I ate the last half of the red velvet cake we had bought a few days ago and washed it down with a few cans of Pepsi all while being wrapped up in my comforter because I was suddenly very cold. Yes, a very attractive thing to picture, isn't it? Damn, this totally blows.

:hugs::hugs: it really does blow :cry: my situation was similar to yours, I had to wait 2 weeks to have miscarriage brought on. Having a really difficult time of it tonight :( here if you need to talk Hun, the repeat scans and wondering is the worst I know xxx

:hugs: Sorry you are going through this. I too had a blight ovum, I actually just had my d&c today. I found out due to spotting at what I should've been 6w5d on the 1st of July. I waited for it to naturally pass but it didn't, after a month, 2 rounds of misoprostol and emotional exhaustion I elected for the d&c. Now I am ready to heal emotionally and physically.

I hope it's over quick for you so you can begin the healing proces.:hugs:

It looks like the ultrasound is inevitable. I called for my HCG to see if it's dropped so I can prepare myself but turns out it went from 1327 on Saturday to 2248 on Tuesday. I just want this to all be done. If I get a choice, I want to have a d&c.

And is it wrong that at this point, I actually want to start bleeding? I think I'm just tired of feeling like a science experiment.

Peski I can completely understand wanting it over. I went through the same emotions. I was tired of all the blood work and ultra sounds and was just ready to be done. I hate saying it out loud but I had a huge sense of relief and closure as I walked out of the office following my D&C.

May be speak to your Dr about your options that could help it along so you can begin to heal and move on?

I'm definitely going to tell my doctor I want the D&C. I'm starting to cramp on and off but still no bleeding, absolutely nothing at all.

I think I'm becoming pragmatic about the whole thing. I just want this done and over with so my body can reset and I can regroup and get some real closure with this. It's horrible to say but it's like everything inside me is saying "This doesn't belong here anymore. Get it out."

I know it feels awful almost like a foreign object in your body. Hopefully you won't have to deal with it much longer and you can move on and heal.

I've finally started spotting but it's only when I wipe, nothing on the pad that I'm wearing. I don't know if it's possible for me to have a D&C now but I'm going to bring it up with my doctor first thing tomorrow morning. That or I'm going to ask for the misoprostol to speed this up and get it over with. And request some heavy duty pain meds to go with it.

Can anyone tell me their experience with misoprostol? Pain or how long you were bleeding?

HI peski

How did your Dr appointment go? I did 2 rounds of midoprostol had the cramping but never passed anything so that's when I had a d&c.

How have you been coping in the aftermath of recovery? I just had my natural miscarriage after a blighted ovum last week (my very 1st pregnancy) and my emotions have been all over the place. I went to the craft store the other night and came home crying because someone let their toddler scream and cry all through the store and it was so hard to watch. The other night I dreamed I fainted and when I woke up there was my baby but no one would let me hold him. It all feels so jumbled especially because I felt the way you did when I found out there was no baby --get it out, this has no place here, waste of my time, etc. Just looking for people who've been through it and trying to find some hope from others that it isn't the end of my dream to have a baby

I lost my "baby" (can you even call a loss of a baby when it was a blighted ovum) I think so but I don't know if other would sympathize with me because "its not the same thing"....

Anyways, I lost my baby due to a blighted ovum last May at 10.1 weeks.

I don't think I am over it or if I will ever be over it.

I think its because I realize that might have been my last chance to have another baby.

I have a 19 month old and while I LOVE her to death, I did want another baby and still do. The baby I lost was a surprise baby but we were very happy to be having another one so soon.

After the loss me and my husband tried for 3 more months and he decide we should not try anymore. We are struggling in our relationship (miscarriage unrelated) and he doesn't feel he is the type of man to be able to have another child. He didn't even expect the first one.

Anyways, I am 40 so it is very unlikely that I would be able to have another baby but now the hope is lost because he is not in the game with me anymore :-(

I don't want to take away from my daughter because I love her soo sooo much and I am so lucky to have her but I feel so sad for this loss and the loss of hope for another one....what can I do :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->