blighted ovum waiting to m/c

Discussion in 'TTC After A Loss' started by tryingfaith, Nov 13, 2011.

  1. tryingfaith

    tryingfaith Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2011
    Messages:
    140
    Likes Received:
    0
    hello anybody who has the same issue as me....
    I was cureently a part of the July 2012 DDC, however an u/s on Thursday (6weeks 1 day) revealed a blighted ovum, now I am just waiting to miscarry. I plan on trying aggain ASAP because I really want another baby. It took us 4 plus years to get where we are today and we end up with a gestational sac and no baby!! Right now im in limbo...im still "pregnant" but will more than likely miscarry, I have stopped my progesterone as of today, but I am still not doing anything that will be unhealthy for my body i.e. caffeine, alcohol...etc.

    Anyone else been here before??? How ong did you wait to TTC?? Any advice is welcome. Thank you.
     
  2. Twinkie210

    Twinkie210 Mom of 2 and an ^Angel^

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2011
    Messages:
    5,795
    Likes Received:
    0
    So sorry for your loss! I had a blighted ovum in July/August of this year. I had an U/S @ 7 weeks after spotting between 5/6 weeks. Despite rising HCG levels (20,000 the day of the U/S) I had only a gestational sac. Once the U/S revealed a blighted ovum I stopped my progesterone supplements also. At the recommendation of my OB/GYN I had a D&C 5 days later. Because I had a D&C my Dr. suggested waiting one cycle before TTC again, and that is what we did. We are now on cycle #4 after the MC and cycle #3 TTCAL. While it didn't seem like good news at the time, this type of MC is usually due to a chromosonal abnormality and is not likely to happen again.

    I hope that you are able to heal physically and emotionally after this loss and I hope you get your forever baby soon!
     
  3. tryingfaith

    tryingfaith Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2011
    Messages:
    140
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thank you for your reply...On the day of my u/s I was 6 weeks 1 day. I stopped my progesterone today (6 weeks 4 days) I am not sure whether or not to do a D&C or just wait it out...I am on the fence as to what to do because if I miscarry naturally I may have to go for a D&C anyway if anything is left behind. I hope this doesn't happen again, that would be awful. I had a misdiagnosed m/c in 2007 at 15 weeks...no HB on u/s and now this B/O. So I am hoping for a healthy pregnancy next time around..I still hold hope for us!!:flower:
     
  4. Twinkie210

    Twinkie210 Mom of 2 and an ^Angel^

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2011
    Messages:
    5,795
    Likes Received:
    0
    Deciding whether or not to do the D&C is a hard decision. On one hand you don't want to have surgery if you don't have to, but on the other hand waiting to MC is mentally devestating. My Dr. never really gave me the option to MC naturally, but he did give me the option to wait a week and get a repeat U/S if I wanted to. In the end I am glad I had the D&C, because it gave me some much needed closure, and I honestly couldn't handle any more waiting.

    I am sorry to hear about both of your losses. Will they offer you any testing since this is your second loss?
     
  5. tryingfaith

    tryingfaith Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2011
    Messages:
    140
    Likes Received:
    0
    I am so undecided with what direction I wanna go...I will wait a week or so and then decide. I had a m/c at 15 weeks because I am hypothyroid..and that has an effect in the 2nd trimester I dont think I was taking my medicine I was naive and had no idea thyroidism had an effect on the fetus until recemtly..other than that they found nothing wrong with my baby. This one (blighted ovum) is just a chromosome issue hopefully, it wont happen again. I am 34 with hypothyroid so we had trouble conceiving naturally, had a IUI on Oct. 12, and succeeded first time..I knew it was too good to be true. Im hoping third t ime is a charm. :winkwink: Thank you for your replies it is good to have someone to talk to.:hugs::hugs: thank u. My dr. also gave me the option for a repeat u/s but I turned it down didnt want to be devistated twice! Though if I do decide to go for a D&C I will have an u/s done before they do anything just for reassurance.
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice