Bloated every afternoon

jkbmah

Preggers with #2
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm getting bloated every afternoon (after lunch) and it stays with me until bedtime.

Its driving me mad as I feel like I need a huge trump or poo or something and its putting me off eating anything.

Is there anything I can take which will alleviate it or particular food/drink which help bloating??

I have been bloated since my TWW. Supposedly drinking water helps but I drink a lot of water and the bloating is still there.

The progesterone our bodies produce slows down the digestive tract so we can absorb more nutrients. For me, I think that's what is causing it. I have put on about 7-8 lbs and it's all bloat. Even my doc confirmed it's not yet real weight gain.

When I got pregnant last year I found out I was gluten intolerant, it bloats me up terribly - I can't eat or drink anything for at least 5 hours and can't go to the bathroom either. You might be more sensitive to foods that cause inflammation in your body while you're pregnant because your immune system is in overdrive trying to accept this new little foreign body (as my doctor put it to me). Try to track what you're eating. The least bloaty foods are veggies and clean protein. Try cutting out carbs (wheat pasta, bread, noodles-anything with gluten) just for 1 or 2 lunchs and see if that helps you feel better. Clean protein is also a natural diuretic so you will feel like drinking lots of water and will be unlikely to bloat as much.
Your baby needs and utilizes protein for growth, it doesn't need bread/pasta/carby foods that break down into sugars and irritate sensitive immune systems. I hope you feel better soon bella!

definitely water, but also try breaking up your meals to smaller meals throughout the day.

Thanks fir the replies. I'm still feeling bloated but better. All I had today was 1 bowl of porridge and soup for lunch (although i did have 1 slice of white bread with it). Then I had small packet of dairy milk stars (yum).

It could be the white bread I suppose. I don't generally eat it as I know can bung me up somewhat, but work provide free bread so I just took a piece! Maybe it is something that it causes more heightened sensibility in pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->