Blocked Duct. I'm desperate.

mandaa1220

Reaction score
I'm getting very frustrated...

This week, I had mastitis and a blocked duct. I was given a prescription for the mastitis and that has cleared up, but I still have a large hard lump in my breast that is painful to touch.

I've been doing every suggestion to try to get it out - nursing around the clock, heating pad, taking hot showers, massaging, pumping, etc.
Totally gross, but I read online to have DH try to get it out and I've tried that several times too.

I don't know what to do. It's not super painful anymore, but it's still very much there and my son is getting VERY frustrated at my breast for the first time ever. In addition, my other side isn't producing normal either, which is probably from a stomach bug I had Monday and Tuesday, so wasn't able to keep much down. My poor baby keeps frantically latching on sucking, unlatching, trying again, etc and getting nothing.

What the hell do I do? a) to get this freaking clogged duct fixed and b) to fix my supply on the other side. I'm petrified we're not going to be able to continue breastfeeding after 8 1/2 months of success. I really want to make it to 1 year. He is a very booby baby and I don't know how he'll do if this doesn't work out.

Go to the docs. You may need it drained.

The best success I had with blocked ducts was to have a hot shower and use a body brush on the lump. Hard. If I kept an eye on my nipple I would then see a white 'scab' appear. I would then pick that away and there would be a constant stream of milk. Once that stopped I would jump out of shower and feed baby. Start the massaging from your armpit and push forward and wash your nipple periodically to clear for blockage if it sticks in the end of the duct.

Finally cleared. Thanks ladies. I took sunflower lecithin and it helped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->