blocked nose

indianorchi

Reaction score
How can I clear my week-old baby's nose? One nostril is really blocked and it sounds like he's finding it hard to breath.
I've googled it and all that comes up is nasal sprays which I don't like the sound of and I'd like to get something done ASAP!

Saline drops, Dec always had a blocked nose, just put some saline drops in and then use a cotton bud and clean it xx

nasal aspirator at boots. good stuff.xx

I'll be going into town today and look at what they have to offer. By you suggesting these things I'm guessing they're safe, thankyou xx

I use a cotton bud if i can see the offender- v satisfying getting them out!

Vicks plugins work well. Also here they have a Triaminic fan and when Chase had a cold I put it right beside his bassinet at night and it worked a charm.

If you don't already have a humidifier, really look into getting one. If you already have one, or any kind of vaporizer, then a few drops of Eucalyptus Oil in the humidifier (replaced as needed) will help break that blockage up and help him breathe better. It smells pleasant too. Be sure you keep your baby elevated so nothing gets into his lungs/chest! If it already has, you can give him warm water with lemon from a dropper. Helps to break it up.

Best of luck, Hun!

I had the same trouble, ive now got the nasal asperator and the nasosal saline drops both from boots.

Vicks plugins work well. Also here they have a Triaminic fan and when Chase had a cold I put it right beside his bassinet at night and it worked a charm.

I looked into the plug in's, they say they're not suitable for babies under 3 months - some 6 months.

i had this problem aswell i asked the helth visitor and pharmasist if they could sugest any think and they ccouldnt im just using cotten buds to clear and snott or bogges up there lol doesnt sound to pleasent but it seems to work a treat :D xx

The saline drops and then a bulb sucker thingy lol. I would try not to do it too much if they are congested it can make their nose raw so I try to limit it to right before they have to eat or if they are really having a hard time

Try running a hot shower or kettle and sitting in the room with the lo :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->