Blocked tubes IVF

pcct

Reaction score
Hey everyone am new here so still trying to get the hang of it all :L

Firstly my reasons for joining the forum... I came across the site after doing some research about my blocked tubes and getting more info about ivf.. After reading so many storys and peoples progress. I feel reading all that actually helps me in some way and keeps me positive. As much as i like having people to talk to regarding my situation, i would love to talk to other that are going thru the same as my self. Only close family and friends no what am going thru at the moment, so would really enjoy coming on here every day and sharing and listing to everything :) thank you for taken ur time to read my post hope to share our storys soon. :) Xxx

Hi I got told on Friday after lap and dye I too have blocked tubes and only option would be ivf now. I already have a 5 year old, stillborn daughter at 36weeks of pregnancy last year and mmc at 10 weeks this year. Mine is down to scar tissue. Are you from uk? I really don't know where to start with it all, I don't qualify for nhs funding. I'm bombarding myself with info but getting very confused with it all xxx

hey yeah am from the uk. what about you? I was told on the 11th april both tubes r blocked ( scar tissue ) all so. Why are you not getting nhs funding? After being told that ivf is my only chance i have been bursting my head trying to gather as much info about it as i can! I have to go back for another lap in a few moths to get both tubes tied as they say it will help with a more successful result at the ivf. So sad you lost your babies and must be at your whit end :( xxx

I'm from uk too, up north. Don't qualify for nhs funding as I already have one daughter that is 5yrs old. I don't know where we are going to get the money from but I will do anything to get my rainbow. I've read up about havin tubes tied b4 IVF starts. Too be honest I'm clueless with it all I don't know where to begin. I just don't understand I had my mmc 10 weeks ago now and all of a sudden my tubes are blocked. I'm heartbroken. Where scouts are you looking at to go for your ivf? Xx

Aw yeah i remember being asked if i had any kids myself before getting put on waiting list! i have all so heard that all depends in where u r from as some areas give you ivf even if u already have kids that live with you. My option everyone should be entitled to at least one shot no matter what your circumstances are!!

I will be going to Ninewells in Dundee its a fews hours drive from me. It is going to be a long wait before i get my first shot at it. until then i just cant stop thinking about it all! I am thinking of saving as well in case the shots from nhs funding don't work, as i know once i start ivf i wont want to stop until i get my baby xx

Hi ladies, I see its been awhile since either of you posted, I as well have Blocked tubes I see that you both are from the UK however, here in the USA in NYC they are conducting a study for IVF the only thing you pay for is your meds and travel, you can do most of your testing locally with your own OBGYN. My husband and I are currently under their study we live about 13 hours round trip from the clinic it has been expensive with meds and travel but A LOT cheaper than what it would cost us to pay out of pocket. we are getting about 25,000 dollars in free treatment..

I have bilateral occluded tubes at the distal end. Which has a less chance of successful Fimbrioplasty surgery to permanently open the tubes. I was told that due to my age I should just go to IVF (I am 34). I can't afford IVF so I am interested in knowing more about the free IVF clinic in NY.
Good luck to all of you on our IVF journey!

I have bilateral occluded tubes at the distal end. Which has a less chance of successful Fimbrioplasty surgery to permanently open the tubes. I was told that due to my age I should just go to IVF (I am 34). I can't afford IVF so I am interested in knowing more about the free IVF clinic in NY.
Good luck to all of you on our IVF journey!

I will send you the information threw a private message, they have been great and its WAY cheaper than paying out of pocket..

Hi pcct, I am currently on cycle 1 of IVF due to 2 ectopic pregnacies caused by blocked tubes. both tubes were removed as a result to this is our only option to conceive.

We started the process in June, I am on the patch/antagonist protocol and currently stimming and hoping to have some news at tomorrow's follow-up appointment. Good luck to you!!

Hi :hi:

I've also been told only option IVF as my one tube is also severely blocked due to scar tissue. I have actually read that sealing off the tubes/tying them can help with IVF and eradicates the chance of an ectopic. Although I hadn't considered it in my case, I have my follow up appt on 1st aug so I suppose I will be told then, goodness I hope it doesn't hold things up a whole lot, I'm so anxious to get started and had to wait 3 months for my lap and dye. Having said that I will do ANYTHING to improve our outlook as only get funding for one cycle and don't want anything to jeopordise our chance.

Hopefully we can keep in touch throughout this journey :hugs:

Athena, even after having both of my tubes removed, the FS informed me that there is still a chance that I can have an ectopic pregnancy. I couldn't believe it! But I guess when they cut your tubes, they leave a little piece at the end, and since there is scar tissue, the egg can easily stick there and get stuck.

Who'd a thought! Hoping that doesn't happen though!

Gosh I hope not. Who'd have ever thought when we embarked on this journey it would be fraught with so much danger and worry. I really don't think I will ever relax if I do get pg and won't be able to until I'm holding the baby in my arms!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->