blood gushing out of my nose .. sorry tmi

styleforum

Reaction score
i am 36 weeks preg and this morning i was lying in bed and all of a sudden there is blood dripping out of my nose and it wouldnt stop.. i got all freaked out because i NEVER had a nose bleed before.. is this normal? it took a while for it to stop

It is very normal to get nosebleeds in pregnancy when you have never had them before. I have had a lot since being pregnant, I went through a phase about four or five weeks ago of having them every day and they were sometimes really heavy, but all my bloods came back normal. When you are pregnant you have 50% more blood in your body than before, so if a blood vessel in your nose becomes inflamed or irritated, it is likley to bleed very easily. I had one in the car on the way home once and there was nowhere to pull over, it was a nightmare! If you are worried mention it to your MW but it is almost definitely nothing to worry about.

I'd mention it to your MW when you next see her. But I think it's just one of those wonderful joys of pregnancy!!

I used to have them as a kid, and they started up in 2nd tri again! Luckily I only had 3 but they were really heavy, and lasted a LONG time, it was quite scary.

Hopefully it was just a one off thing, and it won't happen again :)

I have been getting them every nite for the last 10 weeks. but its because i have low platelets. but nose bleeds are very common in pregnancy

I'm nearly 27 weeks and have already had two nosebleeds both in the mornings (and weirdly enough only from one nostril lol) and I was freaked out too as I've never really had one before but I've been assured its normal in pregnancy....oh joy! lol xx

It's normal...when I was in 2nd Tri I would get 5 minute nose bleeds sometimes..and my midwife said "its one of those joys of being pregnant"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->