blood in poo *seen paediatrician updated*

brightstar08

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Hi,

over the last couple of days i have noticed small spots of blood in ewan's poo and his poos are really runny (sorry if tmi) :S he is fine other than that. im taking him to the doctors today...just wondered if anyone has experienced this (he's 8 weeks old)

thanks

I got that once when he was about 7 weeks old , my dr checked him out and said it was his formula that was to hard on his tummy we switched over to easy to digest brand and that helped allot

Hi, hope your Dr can give you some answers. My niece had this, she was allergic to cow milk, when they then put her on soy milk turned out she was allergic to that too (a lot of people don't know that if you're really allergic to dairy you will be allergic to other proteins too so that includes goats milk, ewes milk, soy milk). Anyway, she's 18 months and a very happy little girl, as long as she's not given something she's allergic to!

thanks for your replys :)

*update* took him to the doctors assuming i was going to see a doctor. well we only got to see the nurse and she said "oh its just a tummy bug" thats it, never even checked him over or asked anything think i was in there for about a minute. not very reassuring so i ive asked to see a doctor and have an appointment on thursday so fingers crossed he can check him over. will let you know how i get on. thanks again guys :)

update...
took him back to see the doctor and it looks like he has an allergy to his milk :( got an appointment to see the pediatrician at the hospital next week to do some tests.

Awwww I hope you find a solution to Ewan's problems, poor thing.

Caitlin had this once and I paniced but it never returned.

Hope all ends well with any tests x

just thought id update sorry its been so long had problems trying to get an appointment. Seen the paediatrician on wednesday and they have put him onto a special prescription milk, they said his has a milk intolerance. hoping this will help, has anyone else had this before?

i hope the new milk does the trick - i have no experience of milk intolerance - sorry

My son had to go to a pediatric GI because of this and reflux, it was because of irritation from his reflux, so we changed formulas and he was on Zantac and I'm happy to say it has completely resolved since he has started eating solid foods. I had a milk allergy when I was little and have grown out of it, thankfully. Good luck :D

Bless him...i hope the new milk works hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"