Blood in Stool

CeliaM

Pregnant mom of 2
Reaction score
Not sure if I should call the doctor in the morning. Please tell me what you think...

Yesterday afternoon I was at a play with a friend. I was busy with my baby, so when my elder son (just turned 5) had to go to the washroom, she took him. She said she noticed that his poo smelled odd, and so she went in to see that he was all right, and saw that there was a lot of red blood. She didn't say if the poop looked constipated, but figured that maybe it was because he had been recently (which he hadn't as far as I know, but he usually goes on his own now - but from what I've seen, he's really quite regular). He could be though, as it's been pretty hot here the last few days, and he's not one to drink a lot.

He's seemed to be eating fine, and feeling fine, other than perhaps being a bit extra crabby the last while.

He's never had blood in his stool before. I've told him to tell me next time he has a poop so I can check it out, but he either hasn't remembered to tell me, or hasn't pooped.

Should I call the doctor in the morning, or wait and see?

I would call to be safe. I know in adults it's usually not a reason to worry, it can be from being constipated, hemroids (spelled that wrong) or other tears for some reason. Eating more fiber can help that. But with a child I would def call just to make sure everything is ok

I would also call the doctor.

If the blood is bright in color then it is probably nothing to worry about. If the blood is dark (old blood) then they may want to look into the casue of the blood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->