Blood in urine samples

Irish Baby

Reaction score
Just wondering had any one else had this?
I have had to see my doctor 4 or 5 times this pregnancy so far due to brown spotting (which had now stopped)

Every time I go to the doctor she tells me that there is traces of blood in my urine, what could this mean?

When I asked is this normal she said to get my consultant to check it out at my next hospital appointment...

She said I don't have infection either :shrug: :shrug:

Normally blood is present in urine when you have a UTI, as are other things. Normally when I dip urine at work we look for, blood, glucose, leukocytes, ketones, protein. DiD she say if there was anything else present. Drink plenty of water.

No she didn't mention anything else irregular with the sample...
I wouldn't normally think to much of it only there is an add on the radio at the moment saying that blood in Urine can be a sign of cancer!! :shrug:

When we got urine samples for testing at the general practitioner's office from women who happened to be spotting or on their period the samples always had a trace of blood. It was very difficult to get a sample that wasn't contaminated with several things that triggered the reagents. Not to be tmi with you but did the give you sanitary wipes to clean with first and explain about the "midstream" urine catch? The most common false positives we would get (outside of hemoglobin-blood) were high specific gravity and protein due to a contaminated catch.

I would worry to much if you've been spotting because even a minute amount of old blood cells that got in your sample could of triggered it. As some have said it could be a UTI as well but you would probably know if you had that chica! Don't worry and drink plenty of fluids for yuor next test :thumbup:

I had blood in one of my samples, I was made to do another at the gp's later on and tests came back fine. It was just a one off though.

I have interstitial cystitis and at first Dr Google worried me that I had cancer but we are not the demographic! That's what caused my pain/blood. So it's not just cancer or utis that cause it... Maybe there are other reasons for it that aren't serious like my ic

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->