Blood in urine?

ricschick

Proud mummy of 6!
Reaction score
I'm have irregular period cramps and I've wee'd a few times which has had blood in it. Is this anything to worry about? X

Blood in urine would suggest a urine infection..I know when I had one I got cramp with it, you should definitely get checked over xx

I did call l&d and they didn't seem that concerned and said it sounds like a bloody show?
If it was a urine infection what other symptoms would I have? X

You would probably have some pain when passing urine, may need to go frequently and urgently, could have a temperature, a dragging sensation in the kidney area. Symptoms can vary tbh. I'm surprised they aren't at least asking you for a sample, particularly since it's so close to your due date x

I have had blood present in my urine the past three months, there has been no infection so I was sent for a scan of my kidneys as kidney infection is a common cause in pregnancy for blood in sample.

I had my scan yest and it shows I have kidney stones.

However as other ladies said it may be a urine infection

Yeah I think it sounds like a UTI. I went to the hospital today 'cause I found a tiny bit of blood when I wiped this morning. They did some tests and found out I have a UTI which they gave me antibiotics for. So far as I've heard they like to get it cleared up asap so it doesn't develop into a kidney infection 'cause that can be quite bad when you're pregnant.. I'd go in and get them to examine you.

I had menstrual type cramps too btw.

Hi, just found this as I searched for kidney stones! I've just been diagnosed with kidney stones and have to have them blasted...have you had treatment? I'm so nervous! X

I did call l&d and they didn't seem that concerned and said it sounds like a bloody show?
If it was a urine infection what other symptoms would I have? X

you may or may not have any symptoms for a bladder or urine infection. I had blood in urine at 20 something weeks and it was a bladder infection. I had absolutely no symptoms other than the blood in urine.
I'd call your doc or midwife to ask them cause if it is an infection it could cause labor to start but can also complicate labor. Its always best to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->