Blood Pressure normal?

JLLM

Reaction score
I was at doctors yesterday & she took my blood pressure she wrote it down on paper as 117/82 she didn't comment on it but am now a little anxious does this sound normal seems a little higher than my previous readings but wasn't sure if it still fell in the normal range?! Thanks for reading!

140/90 is the cut off for high blood pressure, yours is good :) although it is a personal thing so there are variations to this rule x

If it was anything to worry about I'm pretty sure you midwife would have mentioned something :)

Try not to worry.

Hi hun

120/80 is what is considered "normal" / "healthy".

So nothing to worry about at all.

xx

Sounds like a good bp to me. :) Mine usually runs right around there as well. Like pp said, if it was worrisome, I'm sure they would have mentioned so.

I was at doctors yesterday & she took my blood pressure she wrote it down on paper as 117/82 she didn't comment on it but am now a little anxious does this sound normal seems a little higher than my previous readings but wasn't sure if it still fell in the normal range?! Thanks for reading!

Hi there your bp sounds great! That all being said. Only you know what your booking in bp were. The normal is upta 140/90. That being the top end of normal. I know they don't tend to get alarmed from just one higher reading. They would want to do a few every 15mins to 30. For four readings. But if your bp is normally a lot lower they would only be watching it if your booking bp was 15-20 lower. Good luck sounds fine tho :) x

Your bp is just fine.
Here is a table that shows the range and gives more explanation:

https://www.bloodpressureuk.org/BloodPressureandyou/Thebasics/Bloodpressurechart

Thanks for all your replies I have my midwife tomorrow so will get it checked out then I was just a bit worried when
I saw the 82 on the reading. My blood pressure is normally around 110/60ish!

its a normal bp but if your norm alot lower then i rise of 10/5 can be a warning. Am sure alls ok. I no sum1 low bp an had 3kids an was ased by mw once how she got to apointment once (walked) mw no u didnt with this bp you should be comatos lol (low). She was fine. Norm worry bp of 140/90 + like pp said.

Mine's been as low as 88/56 and high as 110/75 in this pregnancy alone.

It varies depending on who's taking it, whether they are doing it manually or with a machine, what you've been up to beforehand etc... Honestly it sounds fine to me. xx

P.S. At 88/56 I was kept in hospital and made to eat salty food on top of the saline drip - so that is a bit too low!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->