Blood pressure

pink23

mummy to 2 x
Reaction score
So had my antenatal appointment today and my bp was up. I'm a bit gutted really as I was hoping it wouldn't start to soon. I've gone from 125mg twice a day to 250mg twice a day. :-(
I hope this isn't the start of things. Both my pregnancies I had sections due to bp problems towards and manged to get to 36+6 with my last.
Start my aspirin today .
Anyone else suffering with their bp xx

I had a high bp at my booking in appointment the other day, being consultant led now and this is my first successful pregnancy so I'm not sure if it will continue all the way through. X

Low bp over here, mine gets better when I salt my food, drink more water and exercise. Just started yoga & cardio classes at noon hours during the week and feel better already. No more blacking out when I stand up.

How far along are you? Are your numbers for Methyldopa? I'm having issues. I had issues last time where I just rose and rose all pregnancy, ended up maxed out on methyldopa, labetalol and nearly there on nifedipine at 27 weeks, delivered at 28 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP. My bp at 5 weeks was much better this time at 125/86 (last time a chirpy 160/108), but now at 7 weeks it is up to 139/96 so they've put me on 100mg labetalol twice daily, hasn't brought it down below 90 though so I reckon it will be upped again this week. He put me on it with the cheery words 'I expect you'll be maxed out on this pretty soon'.

I don't have quite the same issue, but I am very anxious about blood pressure. Historically, my blood pressure had always been very low. I used to get light headed standing up. At my son's booking in appointment it was 96/50. I spent most of the first trimester feeling ridiculously dizzy. Towards the end of pregnancy however, for some reason it went up over a two week period. It went up to it's highest at 160/94 or something along those lines. That caused them to induce me (I was overdue anyway), but then when it didn't come down after baby was born, they kept me in hospital for five days and it was the worst five days of my life. I was so frustrated, tired, hungry (couldn't eat, don't know why)... I was going quietly mad and broke down our last night there. I was terrified of my blood pressure being high (irrational fear, don't know why it happened) and I thought I was going to die. A lovely doctor had to spend half an hour comforting me and telling me I wasn't going to die. By this point my blood pressure was normal, but the higher end. They were giving me lots of little tiny dosages of medicines and they were having no effect. In the end they discharged me wth a prescription and told me to go to GP to have my blood pressure monitored regularly. It took six months for it to go down, but it never returned to my pre-pregnancy levels. Somehow, pregnancy changed my baselines blood pressure for good. I'm very worried this time round. At my booking in appointment this time, my blood pressure was 112/76. In my mind, it should have been lower; last time it was so much lower. I worry that if it's starting higher now, it will get dangerously high towards the end of pregnancy. I so hate having my BP taken and this probably makes it higher! I just don't want to be induced again, or spend another week in hospital - especially not now I have my little boy to think of. If I have to stay in hospital with his baby brother (or sister) for a week, I would miss him so damn much!!

Ugh, sorry for the rant, I am just so anxious about blood pressure. I hope yours doesn't climb this time and you manage to avoid an early C-section.

x

How far along are you? Are your numbers for Methyldopa? I'm having issues. I had issues last time where I just rose and rose all pregnancy, ended up maxed out on methyldopa, labetalol and nearly there on nifedipine at 27 weeks, delivered at 28 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP. My bp at 5 weeks was much better this time at 125/86 (last time a chirpy 160/108), but now at 7 weeks it is up to 139/96 so they've put me on 100mg labetalol twice daily, hasn't brought it down below 90 though so I reckon it will be upped again this week. He put me on it with the cheery words 'I expect you'll be maxed out on this pretty soon'.

Dinah we were I'm June bugs together :) I was only taking 2x 125mg a day but now it's 250 twice a day. My reading was 142/90 Friday, last few times it was 120/90. I need to remember to take tablets as I don't want to be any earier than 37 w if I can help it xx

With DS2, my bp stayed normal throughout the pregnancy when I normally have high bp. Ended up being induced @ exactly 37 weeks to pre-e as my bp wouldn't go down with rest. Went in for my first appt last Thursday and my bp was 136/94. She said we'll monitor it and I have to go in Wed to check it again. They might put me back on labetalol 100 mg 2/day if it wont go down. last pregnancy they said magic # was 140/90. This time they said 150/100. Hope you can get yours under control!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->