blood test in 2 week waiting period?

totero

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this site but it looks helpful! I received the HCG trigger shot on the 17th and definitely felt that I ovulated about 24-36 hours later. Here's my question-I know that I can't test for pregnancy until 14 days after the shot b/c the HCG will still be in my system. However, my MD scheduled a blood test for me tomorrow. Does anybody know what for? The MD won't be able to tell anything at this point, will they? I believe I still have a few days before the end of the time period where fertilization can even occur. Thoughts as to what they're testing for?

Sorry I don't know what they would be testing for so early, but didn't want to read and run.

Hopefully this bumps it up so someone who knows might answer :)

Hi all, I'm new to this site but it looks helpful! I received the HCG trigger shot on the 17th and definitely felt that I ovulated about 24-36 hours later. Here's my question-I know that I can't test for pregnancy until 14 days after the shot b/c the HCG will still be in my system. However, my MD scheduled a blood test for me tomorrow. Does anybody know what for? The MD won't be able to tell anything at this point, will they? I believe I still have a few days before the end of the time period where fertilization can even occur. Thoughts as to what they're testing for?

it sounds to me like they may possibly be testing your hormone levels (progesterone & such) and probably checking to see if the HCG has left ur system or to see if maybe its higher than they expect it to be. It does sound like a progesterone test to me. If u got the shot on the 17th, that'd put you just about at 6-7dpo and that's the time in your cycle when the docs like to test ur progesterone levels. They probably just want to make sure they dont need to give you supplements or anything like that :). I'm sure it'll all come back fine! :). FX for u! I hope this helped you some. Good luck!

it sounds to me like they may possibly be testing your hormone levels (progesterone & such) and probably checking to see if the HCG has left ur system or to see if maybe its higher than they expect it to be. It does sound like a progesterone test to me. If u got the shot on the 17th, that'd put you just about at 6-7dpo and that's the time in your cycle when the docs like to test ur progesterone levels. They probably just want to make sure they dont need to give you supplements or anything like that :). I'm sure it'll all come back fine! :). FX for u! I hope this helped you some. Good luck!

Thank you so much. I guess it makes sense that they would check my progesterone levels. Hoping we're pregnant although I'm ravenous and craving gummy bears which sadly makes me think i'm getting my period next week, not getting a plus sign on a pregnancy test. but ya never know. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->