Blood Test needed Before an IUI

FutureMommie

Praying for our 1st
Reaction score
I was wondering if day 3 blood test, FSH, TSH, and LH are always done before starting injections/IUI. In the past I have had these test done. I had 3 IUI prior to having a myomectomy to remove fibroids and I remember having these test done. In October I had my first IUI after the surgery and my RE did not order any blood test and I'm wondering if this is normal. I even had to remind him to write orders to have my egg reserve checked. I'm just really frusturated and we are paying for these IUI's and sperm wash out of pocket and I want to make sure I'm getting everything I need to give us the best chance.

For me, they don't do any of that beforehand. But they do test 7 days later to make sure I ovulated. But I seem to be ovulating somewhat normally for now. Best of luck, and hope you get the perfect conditions for your bundle to nestle in. :D

Hey futuremommy, I've really never had any blood work during my cycle because I think that some of those tese are done to see if you ovulated and I ovulate fine or I think I do.

I know how frustrating it is when you are funding it yourself!!! That's why if this month IUI doesn't work I'm waiting till January b/c I'm so afraid of havng to work around the holiday's.

Wishing you the best!!!!

Thanks ladies, I guess when I go back I will ask him why the blood work isn't being done, I've always ovulated on schedule and was having the test before so I'm just confused and feeling like he's giving up on me.

Well as long as you're ovulating it's most likely fine. The tests were probably just to make sure you were ovulating by yourself and your hormone levels were regular, and if they were then they probably don't need to be monitored :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->