Blood test result HELP!

Lucy0945

Reaction score
Hi girls,

After 11 months unsuccessfully TTC #1 my doctor took a 21-day blood test. I just called the surgery for my results and was told I am fertile and no action is needed :)

My progesterone result was 32
My thyroid was 1.9

Can anyone who has had this test shed any light on what these numbers mean?

I'm due to have my day-three blood test tomorrow, but AF hasn't shown her ugly face yet but still BFN.

My husband is booked in for his test in three weeks time. Hopefully everything is normal for him too and we're just being impatient.

sorry i cant help but didnt wanna read and run...hope it all gets sorted for you :flower:

good site for you to read
https://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html#female

Don;t know about the progesterone, but your thyroid is perfect. The normal range for thyroid function is 0.4 - 4.0, with 1.7-1.9 being smack in the middle (aka perfect function). This is really good :)

I am surprised your doc didnt explain for you!

tbuns:
In the UK it is often a medical secretary who conveys the results to you, especially if they are normal. They won't usually know how to interpret them, so rely on the very very brief note by the GP or Pathologist who reviewed the results. If the results were in the normal range, the note is 'no action needed'.

That level of progesterone is a good indicator that Lucy0945 is fertile this cycle. 'No action needed' doesn't mean that the GP won't do anything about her subfertility; it just means that she doesn't need further repeat blood tests on her progesterone at the moment.

Hi there I just wanted to join in iv just had my 21 day blood test, iv had a previous ectopic and hadn't been ovulating , I was told I would ovulate every other month and my result from April was 5 progesterone.
My one just taken. Was 33 yay meaning ovulation( it's just being random)
I have my 1-4 day blood test due when I come on and also a ultrasound to check for cysts and later on I'll have an X-ray where they push the dye through to check for blockages

Iv been trying to find someone in the same situation as me iv been ttc for 18 months.
Oh had his test yesterday and we are waiting for the results now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->