Blood thinners during pregnancy

Missy1992

Reaction score
I had my first ob appointment and was told I will need to give myself anticoagulant injections because of my blood clotting disorder. In my last pregnancy I was told I didn’t need them but I also had a different doctor at that time. My new ob said that I should have had them in my last pregnancy also. Does anyone else have to give their self these injections? I hate needles and almost pass it when I am having blood drawn if I watch:dohh: I am terrified of giving myself a shot and I will have to do it everyday. Anyone else who has had them do you get used to them after a while?

I do it every day. I have heterozygous Factor V Leiden.

I set an alarm on my phone because it's really best to give them to yourself at the same time every day. I also mark the calendar (L or R) so I can remember to alternate injection sides of my belly.

I don't think it hurts that much, but there is a bit of a burning feeling at the injection point afterwards from the injection fluid, not the needle. This goes away after a few minutes. You will have much less pain and bruising if you pinch your belly fat (fortunately I have plenty :blush: ) between index finger and thumb and inject at a 90 degree angle.

My other best advice is to buy some arnica gel and rub it on the belly bruises a few times a day. It is an over-the-counter natural pain killer and bruise reducer. My doctor couldn't believe how mild my bruising is. Even with the gel, you probably won't want to wear a bikini.

I can't tell you I enjoy doing it, but I am definitely used to it. I hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->