Blood Type O

Yogurt

Reaction score
I just recently read that if a woman's blood type is Negative O and her partner's blood type is Positive (of any blood type), this can be a bad sign! If the baby in the pregnant mother has a Positive blood type, the mother's blood(being a Negative O) will attack the baby as though the baby is an 'infection.' I guess its because the mother's body does not recognize that it has conceived a child and thinks its fighting a cold or something. Thoughts??

I just recently read that if a woman's blood type is Negative O and her partner's blood type is Positive (of any blood type), this can be a bad sign! If the baby in the pregnant mother has a Positive blood type, the mother's blood(being a Negative O) will attack the baby as though the baby is an 'infection.' I guess its because the mother's body does not recognize that it has conceived a child and thinks its fighting a cold or something. Thoughts??

didn't know that, but i'm an A+

Yes this is true. My stepmom is O- and my father is O+. They have two girls together - one is O+ and one is O-. When she was pregnant with the O+ baby, she had to get a shot in her rear every week to keep her body from disposing of the baby.

Another reason pre-conception check-ups and bloodwork are a good idea...

thats awesome...i just e-mailed my mom a little bit ago asking what my blood type is lol! then later, I gotta ask my boi too :)

From what I understand, it's not the blood type but the Rh factor that matters. If the mother is Rh negative and the father is Rh positive, there's a chance the baby with be Rh positive, and be considered an invasion to the body. I just happen to know because I'm Rh negative (and can donate blood to newborns because of it). :)

From what I understand, it's not the blood type but the Rh factor that matters. If the mother is Rh negative and the father is Rh positive, there's a chance the baby with be Rh positive, and be considered an invasion to the body. I just happen to know because I'm Rh negative (and can donate blood to newborns because of it). :)

That is what I was led to believe too. I am very sure that (in the UK) it is part of the the bundle of blood tests they give you at the booking in appointment to check for it, although do not quote me on that.

I'm also O-. All my DD's are all +'s, but my last one. Therefore, I didn't have to get the RhoGam shot with her after having her. However, after I MC, I did have to get it again! :cry: (and it hurts like he$$)

ouch really, i hope my mom says im a positive lol

ouch really, i hope my mom says im a positive lol

The Dr will test you too. That is part of the million blood samples you have to give when your at your first prenatal appointment.

They will do blood tests if and when u get pregnant, and will monitor u. im o neg, not sure what oh is. u do get 2 jags of anti d which prevents any problems, and 1 after the birth to protect any future pregnancies and if u bleed during pregnancy. its not sumthing ive ever had to worry about and im onto baby no 4

Lol, that'll be interesting, I have no idea what my blood type is or OH's!

This is right, Im a B- and had developed antibodies to my + blood type daughter. I had lots of shots while preg and a shot after. They said I still had the antibodies so would be closely watched in future pregnacies.

i am o neg and my partner is pos. we have had 2 boys who are both positive, apart from the 2 routine anti D shots that i got anyway i had a few extra as with both pregnancies i had bleeds, its it to prevent anti bodies as through bleeds and birth mum and babies blood can mix and then start attacking x

This is the case with me to. I am O- and pregnant with my first baby. my DH is A+.

I have been told by my midwife that there is little to no risk at all to the baby I am carrying but there would possibly be a risk to any future children I had if one of my children had + blood then my body may produce antibodies. the Anti-D injections are to try and stop your body from producing the antibodies.

I have been told that I will have 2 injections, 1 at around 28 weeks and then if the baby has + blood I will have another after the birth but I've been told that generally they give it you anyway after the birth no matter what the blood type of the baby cos it "can't hurt!". Also if you have any bleeding in the pregnancy they will give you another anti-D shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->