Blood works and not ovulating

LaughOutLoud

Reaction score
After my second MC I had blood test done and I wasnt ovulating. I was upset when tghe doctor told me and couldnt really process it all at the time but he wants another blood test done for following month.

My question is, what would happen next? If I dont ovulate what happens? I mean I know I do ovulate but just not every month and have long cycles so why am I miscarrying?

Just looking for some answers as I have tried reading posts and such but im getting even more confused.

Hi. Sorry you are having troubles with your pregnancies!

Keep in mind that your blood test only tells you that you didn't ovulate last month. Most women skip a month here and there of ovulation. You can still have a period on those months that you didn't ovulate. I'm glad that you doctor is checking again next month. The day that you get your blood drawn will affect the results; make sure your doctor knows that you have a long cycle.

I also don't ovulate every month. Actually I don't ovulate most months. I work with a fertility doctor and I take a shot called Ovidrel and it forces my body to ovulate. There are options out there to help you with this!

I really don't know if your ovulation issue has anything to do with your miscarriages. What does your doctor say? Are they monitoring your hormones during the beginning of your pregnancies? I think they usually test HCG and Progesterone.

I would suggest sitting down for a chat with your doctor after your next ovulation test. Don't feel bad about asking to have things explained or repeated. It's important that you understand what is going on. I even take a notebook with me to my appointments so I can write things down and review them later. If your partner is up for going with you then he can also help absorb some of the information.

Good luck!!

Hi. Sorry you are having troubles with your pregnancies!

Keep in mind that your blood test only tells you that you didn't ovulate last month. Most women skip a month here and there of ovulation. You can still have a period on those months that you didn't ovulate. I'm glad that you doctor is checking again next month. The day that you get your blood drawn will affect the results; make sure your doctor knows that you have a long cycle.

I also don't ovulate every month. Actually I don't ovulate most months. I work with a fertility doctor and I take a shot called Ovidrel and it forces my body to ovulate. There are options out there to help you with this!

I really don't know if your ovulation issue has anything to do with your miscarriages. What does your doctor say? Are they monitoring your hormones during the beginning of your pregnancies? I think they usually test HCG and Progesterone.

I would suggest sitting down for a chat with your doctor after your next ovulation test. Don't feel bad about asking to have things explained or repeated. It's important that you understand what is going on. I even take a notebook with me to my appointments so I can write things down and review them later. If your partner is up for going with you then he can also help absorb some of the information.

Good luck!!

Thank you for your reply hun. I think I do need to sit down with docs but it just all blew me away and i was so upset and overwhelmed. My hormones during my pregnancies were not monitered. Im not sure where youre from but in the uk (or may be just my region) they dont usually do anything in the first tri until youre ready for your first scan at 12wks. Of course, if they already know you have an issue itd be different but I didnt think there was one until the second mc.

Also I appreciate you telling me bout yourself and what you have been taking for ovulation. I wish you all the best and lots of baby dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->