Bloody Crackheads!!!!

I hear you there. It's almost as if it's fashionable for young people these days to go out reeking havok and then brag about it. (The guy today wasn't a young'un btw - he looked well into his 50's. Either that, or he'd led a really hard life) I'm more weary of young people's behaviour and I try to avoid large groups of kids especially if they look like they're just 'hanging around'.

I too have my theories on why the place is falling apart, but I really don't think venting them on here will put the world to rights. I guess from now on I'm just going to try to keep myself to myself. It's not just about me anymore, I've got a little person to protect and bring up in the best way I can.

Well at least we can rest in knowledge that we are going to do right by our children and bring them up as decent, respectful human beings. It may not make a huge difference to the way things are going but at least they will be children to be proud of

I hear you there. It's almost as if it's fashionable for young people these days to go out reeking havok and then brag about it. (The guy today wasn't a young'un btw - he looked well into his 50's. Either that, or he'd led a really hard life) I'm more weary of young people's behaviour and I try to avoid large groups of kids especially if they look like they're just 'hanging around'.

I too have my theories on why the place is falling apart, but I really don't think venting them on here will put the world to rights. I guess from now on I'm just going to try to keep myself to myself. It's not just about me anymore, I've got a little person to protect and bring up in the best way I can.

Well at least we can rest in knowledge that we are going to do right by our children and bring them up as decent, respectful human beings. It may not make a huge difference to the way things are going but at least they will be children to be proud of

Yep, that's true.

Oh, and to top off a crap day yesterday, I got eyed-up at Victoria station by Chris Eubank. Is that the best I can do? :sad1:

Yep, that's true.

Oh, and to top off a crap day yesterday, I got eyed-up at Victoria station by Chris Eubank. Is that the best I can do? :sad1:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Would rather they didn't bother

Oh my god what a psycho! I'm so glad you and LO are ok!

I most respectfully disagree!:)
I think that bringing your babies up to be decent and respectful is EXACTLY what will help to make the world less scary and more compassionate.
Our challenge is to figure out that balance of teaching respect and compassion, but also giving them the awareness to protect themselves from the scary, violent people out there.
How do you teach them to expect the best in people, but also not to be vulnerable and naive?
I think living by example makes a huge difference. I used to live in a sketchy area of Toronto, but I was really careful to be kind and respectful and friendly to all the street people, and to walk and act as though I was confident that they would treat me with respect in return.
I did not have one incident of disrespect in four years of living there.
It gives one a lot of hope to think that there is still capacity to change things when the world feels like it's going to hell in a handbasket.
That's why I need to remind myself of all the people in Neecee's story who did step forward.

I totally agree with you Sarahkka. Kids learn by example, which is why I really need to curb my temper from now, as I'd hate for something like that to kick off infront of my child, only for them to turn around and do the same thing because 'mummy does it'.

Also, I'm not keen on the idea of bringing up my child in London or any city in general. I'm not from a city or an urban area and I'd never encountered the kind of confrontations I've had in London where I come from. But seeing as we're stuck here for the foreseeable future, I need to find that balance between teaching my child to be polite and respectful to others and being streetwise, confident and making sure they don't feel vulnerable or scared when they're out and about.

I'd love to thank the people who helped me out yesterday, but I'd probably not recognise them again seeing as all I could see was the red mist of pure fury! But it does go to show, the milk of human kindness has not been bled completely dry.

Have only just read this thread...

Neecee - I totally don't blame you for doing what you did, I'd have done the exact same thing!! In situations like that, instinct takes over.....if you're a firey person, then you can't do anything to change that!! I just wish someone had called the police & got that 'thing' arrested!!

Hope you are feeling a bit better today xxx

Have only just read this thread...

Neecee - I totally don't blame you for doing what you did, I'd have done the exact same thing!! In situations like that, instinct takes over.....if you're a firey person, then you can't do anything to change that!! I just wish someone had called the police & got that 'thing' arrested!!

Hope you are feeling a bit better today xxx

I'm fine today thanks! I drove to work so I wouldn't have to walk past the market though!

Neecee -
This is not at all on par with that very frightening incident you had yesterday, but there is a similarity, so I'll share.
A few years ago I was walking down the sidewalk after a heavy rainstorm and a car deliberately drove into a puddle and sent a tidal wave of cold, filthy water all over me. I was dripping from head to toe, but before I could react, I was surrounded by concerned people, asking me if I was okay, shaking their fists at the driver - even one scary young thug-type helpfully offering to go beat the driver up for me!
I was cold, dirty, and damp, but in a really funny way, it made my day. I was so surprised by the support and kindness of the crowd, you know?
As for city living, it's a tough call. Small towns can have their own problems, too, but I was also raised in one and often feel that I'd like to go back.
We are having all sorts of gang violence in my city right now.
It's really scary and it seems like it's starting in high schools and even younger.
I'm expecting a son. I find the thought of exposing him to that absolutely terrifying. Particularly because, if he's his mother's son, he'll be out there speaking up when he sees something he doesn't agree with. I don't know how I'd live with myself if he was the victim of violence because I taught him to stand up for himself and others.
But on the other hand, how can you not teach your kid to help create the world we want to live in?
I think your situation yesterday was scary because the aggressor obviously wasn't well. He wasn't rational. And that did make him very very dangerous. But how could you have known that? You reacted to what you assumed was someone just being rude.
While you may have avoided the situation by meekly accepting the shoving and just getting out of his way, that wasn't your instinct. I think Shri nailed it when she called it the Mama Tiger. We women have a capacity to do some serious damage if we feel that ourselves or our babes are threatened. Maybe part of the shakiness you felt after was realizing that power? It's somewhat reassuring to know it's there, but it's sort of like being handed a loaded gun - it's a powerful weapon that can do a lot of damage. It's not a comfortable part of being a parent.

bet it felt great hitting him with your brolly tho lol, id have dun the same i cant control my gob :) and he deserved it

Maybe part of the shakiness you felt after was realizing that power?

I think that's it y'know. On reflection, I'm really surprised at myself for just totally losing it! I've always been hot headed, but in recent years, I've learnt to hold it down (or at least I thought I had!). It's just that in the heat of that moment I was SO ready for a fight, totally forgetting that there is a little person inside me and that I was armed with only a soggy umbrella! That's what was scary, apart from the nutter - the fact that I was ready to inflict serious damage and put myself at risk. I can only say that it must have been God that kept my feet stuck where they were and my arms by my side.

I've attacked someone with an umbrella before, but it was open so wasn't very effective. He had just thrust his hand between my legs as I walked to town so I think it was fair enough. No-one did anything. I was screaming at him and hitting him and he just stood there and everybody walked and drove by oblivious....

:saywhat:wtf is wrong with people these days:growlmad: I'm a) glad u hit him back :grr: serves him f******* right and b) extremely glad that u and LO are ok:thumbup:, on the lighter side i reckon ur bubba was wriggiling doing a "GO MAMA GO MAMA!" dance :happydance: lol!! bloody fool:wacko: !! ur a brave woman well done for sticking up for urself!!!! :hug: xxx

I've attacked someone with an umbrella before, but it was open so wasn't very effective. He had just thrust his hand between my legs as I walked to town so I think it was fair enough. No-one did anything. I was screaming at him and hitting him and he just stood there and everybody walked and drove by oblivious....

OMG that's disgusting! I had something similar happen when I was 19. My hubby and I had gone for a night out in Picadilly and some random guy decided it was ok to grab my crotch. When I told my hubby he spun round in this blind rage looking for the guy to give him a beating. I've never seen him lose it like that!

OMG just have to say though, go you for smacking him in the face!! That sounds totally scary :hugs:

OMG that's disgusting! I had something similar happen when I was 19. My hubby and I had gone for a night out in Picadilly and some random guy decided it was ok to grab my crotch. When I told my hubby he spun round in this blind rage looking for the guy to give him a beating. I've never seen him lose it like that!

I also had a guy put his hand down from the top of my skirt in a nightclub. He was stood on a higher level behind me while I was resting at the edge of the dancefloor. My moderately drunken reaction was to throw my glass as his head then get him kicked out. Luckily I was on friendly terms with the bouncers as I used to work at another bar they did the door at. Apparently I ask for random men to try and grab my crotch! Standing at the side of the dance floor having not even noticed someone; walking to uni in normal trousers and a coat in the rain...

I also had a guy put his hand down from the top of my skirt in a nightclub. He was stood on a higher level behind me while I was resting at the edge of the dancefloor. My moderately drunken reaction was to throw my glass as his head then get him kicked out. Luckily I was on friendly terms with the bouncers as I used to work at another bar they did the door at. Apparently I ask for random men to try and grab my crotch! Standing at the side of the dance floor having not even noticed someone; walking to uni in normal trousers and a coat in the rain...

I had a bush pilot (that's not a dirty pun - he flew small aircraft into remote backwoods areas) in Yellowknife grab my crotch at a bar once.
I socked him in the jaw.
He backed right off.
It wasn't a particularly rough place, either.
I was a little embarrassed to use violence like that, but it was actually almost instinctive. I mean, grabbing someone's crotch isn't quite the same as a friendly handshake, ya know fellas? So you probably shouldn't be surprised if the return move is swift and nasty.
What did you think was going to happen?

MY GOD I would go POSTAL if someone did that to me!!!! WTF!!!! They'd be calling plod to get me off him. :devil:

gosh your hardcore hun I would have run away screaming but then Im really a pussy still hate the dark at 29 years old

my impression of you:ninja::ninja::ninja::pop:hehe glad your ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->