bloody N*I*T*S!!!!!

ouchwithNo.2

Reaction score
My son got NITS for xmas.
Nice one!!!
He is 6yrs old and has quite short hair so I am a little puzzled by this and he broke up from school on the 16th??
The only child contact he had since then was a soft play thing we went to so he could let off steam.
OH bought some Hedrin (sp?) like a greasy liquid that you apply to roots and tips and leave for 8hrs before washing.
I went through with a nit comb first and dragged the horrid critters out (yuck, yuck yuck!!) then applied the lotion.
I found ONE in my hair :growlmad: after an hour of combing (I have never had nits before so I am not very pleased :cry:)
It says to re-apply after a week as the headrin only kills the bug and not the eggs which then hatch but y'day I found another in my hair, 5 days after application.
I caught it and killed it......
Should I re-apply now or wait two more days?
Is there a better nit treatment?
:flower:

doing it again now wont hurt.. i work in a nursery and luckily havent caught the critters ever but we always advise to comb through the hair every day after treatment as you can always get one little bugger that gets away! meant to be like a 5-7 day cycle or something also if you can its worth it to get a thin metal nit comb rather than the cheap plastic ones i run the comb through my hair every night just to make sure because of work

Get the Nitty Gritty nit comb! It's £10 but worth every penny.

It will last forever and you will never need to use nit lotions again. It gets the crawlies and the eggs out aswell. Ive got 3 girls 15, 5 and 1 and the 5 year old has only had them once last year and i bought this comb and shes never had them again since.

My 15 had them last year aswell from a friend in school!! Yes even 15 year old get nits lol, this girls head is full of them and i think thats where my 5 year old got them from aswell. She stayed here on a sleep over. My eldest had got very thick curly hair and has always been a nightmare to get clean from nits but this comb got rid of hers aswell.

Everyone i know who has got one raves about them :thumbup:

I have a Nitty Gritty comb, they are fab.

I use vinegar, which is brill.

V xxx

we use nitty gritty too xx

My DD screams when I go through her hair though :/ grrr

Yep my son is 4 1/2 and got them over xmas and he had not been at school for 2 weeks too!!! i have used full marks solution and then again 7 days later but they keep coming back. someone said tea tree shampoo to me so i am going to try that too!!!

im itching thinking about them lol!!!!

I used to get nits loads when I was at school. I had really long thin hair and it was easy to catch them. My mum used to put my hair up in a bun but that didnt help either. We used the foam stuff and combed it through morning and night until they dissapeared then when I went to high school I stopped getting them.

Yeah tea tree shampoo is good but won't get rid of them it's more a regular-use repellent...

Agreed they should bring back nit nurse! The policy is not to even inform parents any more if there're nits in the school/nursery - they just say we should check the kids hair regularly

Carly always seems to have them then pass them to Ella , she ALWAYS catches them at soft play , and Carlys hair is the thickest of the thickest hair you will ever see , not to mention its all curly ringlets ... i dread doing her hair .. takes me 2 hours a night :(

Anyway lotions wont work , didnt for mine anyway , slogging away with conditioner and a nitty gritty comb is the only way that seems to work , even the docters said thats the only way.

Thing is you can get rid of them , and they will continuesly come back. Its never ending!

i always had them at school and the only real ways to kill them seem to be constant combing, Hair straightners on like 100D ( of course can do that on a child a teen yes lol ) and hair dye which yet again you cannot use on a child ) i pretty much had them constantly from primary to secondary till i started to straighten my hair every day and dye it every couple of months.. and eww nit nurse was horrible lady at my school they sent me home and told my gran not to send me back till they where gone we did that 2weeks later i had the bloody things back again from a new kid

I used to always git nits, and it used to drive me insane.
And the only way i ever managed to get free of the things was to condition my hair, leave it in and scrape through my hair. I did it every night until there was nothing left.

Touch wood neither leigha or tom have had them yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->