Blooming Appointments!

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
ARGH!! I first had to wait about 2 weeks for a Doctors app - which I was told I had to have before anything else, Doc basically said that I need the booking in app and that its just general that they book you in with the doc at 1st.

Got told that the midwife only does booking in apps for folk UNDER 12 weeks - and she only did them on a Tues and so I have one on the 28th Oct - the day BEFORE I reach 12 weeks!

So goodness knows when I will get a scan :(. I'm nervous enough as it is already!! I am not good at waiting. I don't want to tell my work until I know for sure, and have a scan - but my job involves traipsing up and down stairs and going into the workshop/stores - I think that me being pregnant might be an issue with that, but of course don't want all my work to know, then im suddenly not! (not that I feel there is anything wrong)

Aslo - anyone else finding it sore when they cough or sneeze?

Well that is a real PITA! Although the going up and downstairs I'd keep doing all through your pregnancy until 3rd tri when you get uncomfortable! I did a lot of exercise - stair work squats, lunges etc. with my son and had a very easy pregnancy. I didn't really start feeling tired and crappy and out of it til about 38/39 weeks. I worked out through week 38 then stopped.

the scan being delayed so much is annoying. I hate waiting too so I feel your pain!

It's more that sometimes I have to carry stuff to - but I will just tell folk to take it to store themselves :D hehe.
I am going to look so stupid waddling along with my hard hat on - hehe

wow thats a bit hard i rang my doctors and got appointment the same day(thursday) took my pee in on monday rang back on tuesday to get there results and had my midwife appt on the friday and my first scan is on the 23rd and ill be 10wks 2days

still waiting for my booking in appoint - like a kid waiting for the postman :)

I think most doctors are the same, I went to mine when I was just over 5 weeks to confirm my pregnancy,He then said to phone back in two weeks for another appointment(Because if your really early on, theres always a big chance of miscarrige so pointless booking a midwife then) I then rang back when I was just over 7 weeks and he contacted the midwife and she phoned me the next day to arrange an appointment, Alot and I mean alot of midwifes only see you after 8 weeks, I got to see mine dead on 8 weeks :) She then wrote to hospital to arrange a scan, Which I got threw in the post the following week and have scan in 13 days.
Just remember alot of places are different and have their own ways of doing things, Some people dont even get offered a 12 week scan, So just be patient and it will all hapen soon :D!
And nope not sore when I cough or sneeze
Take care
X

I saw my doctor to confirm my pregnancy just after my missed period so i was about 4weeks.
He took a urine sample to test and that came back positive so he sent off a letter refferal to the midwife.
I then had to wait 2 weeks for a letter back from the midwife and have got my first booking in appointment and first scan booked.

Booking in is 5th nov so i will be 11weeks
Scan is 11th Nov so i will be 12weeks.

I hate waiting but i guess least i will see the best possible view of 'pip'

I had my first doctor's appointment last Monday when I was 5 1\2 wks, took a urine sample which was confirmed on Friday but I've to go back in 2 weeks to arrange booking in. I'll be 8 1\2 weeks by then. Was given the same reason as LongRoadAhead at my first appointment, too early to do much as still a high risk of miscarriage.

Feel like I'm in limbo at the moment, just want to get the ball rolling and make sure there is a little bean in my belly!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->