• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BLW - 1 month to wait!!

BabyMamma93

Mummy of a Easter baby
Reaction score
Started weaning about a month ago due to Drs advice, Baby M loves his food.. he has recently started having 2-3 meals a day.. he has baby porridge on a morning, sometimes i give him rusks and milk at lunch. & depending on what we have for dinner, he has that too..
but im SOOO excited to try BLW when he hits 6 months, im slowly trying him now just so i can calm my nerves..
Hes had a slice of toast, and a slice of bread, he just sucked it, i was still watching him like a hawk scared he'd choke :dohh:
i really need to learn to trust him..
he also had a wotsit, i mean then dissolve to nothing, but still, im terrified..
it seems he doesn't like carrots, im hoping he does as ive heard that's probably the easiest thing to give them for BLW

when spoon feeding he always tries to take the spoon from me to feed him self, or he pushes it to his mouth. he also doesnt have it pureed, he has it mushed, with lumps, for some reason he seems to gag on smooth puree and not on lumpy food..

anyway sorry to bore you all.. but im soo looking forward to trying BLW, i best get reading my Gill Rapley book & get my steamer bags at the ready :happydance:

It sounds as though you've started BLW already ;) BLW is basically where baby feeds himself and although the book says start at 6 months, if he's picking food up and feeding himself at 5 months I'd say great, let him run with it.

I'm in a similar situation in that I've just been told to start solids whereas I would have preferred to wait till 6 months and BLW. So my new plan is to start him off TW now but as soon as he starts wanting to feed himself I'll ditch the spoon and let him do it himself and if he's not quite 6 months by then its no big deal.

Yep, I agree, sounds like you're already doing blw! :dance: It is fun! And I totally udnerstand that watchin them like a halk business. We're nearly 6 months in to BLW and I still watch her every move. My DD doesn't like carrots either but no worries, there are plenty of other things that are very easy to give Lo! :D

well i didn't think it really was BLW, as i hold the spoon, he just kinda goes for it and pushes it to his mouth, or he gets it all over his fingers and puts them in his mouth..
i think im going to slowly start to BLW as he is really good swallowing things, and maybe its the texture of mushed up carrots he doesn't like? if i try them in chip sized finger, he might prefer them, who knows.. can i just ask, how soft do they need to be for him to eat them safely?

I'd cook them until you can mush them into the roof of your mouth with just your tongue :)

I started my LO off today :) I had to give him pureé due to his age but I loaded up the spoon and handed it to him to feed himself. He did great! (Apart from once or twice when he pushed the spoon in too far and gagged :haha: )

yeah this is what my LO does, i tend to give him the spoon after hes finished eating, he doesn't then he just likes to hit himself on the head, but when there's food on there, he chokes him self, then again he does it with his fingers all the time anyway lol

Aww bless him :)

Its all good experience for him though, even when he's missing his mouth, hitting himself on the head with the spoon or just mushing the food in his hands he's learning :thumbup:

Just thought I would let you know that toast or bread isn't meant to be eaten before 6 months :)

Just thought I would let you know that toast or bread isn't meant to be eaten before 6 months :)

he didn't eat it, just just licked it which i knew he would, also this is one of the things the dr mentioned to try him with :s.
But thankyou :)

i gave him a carrot stick the other day, now he hates carrots mushed up, but he loved it like this, as he isnt 6 month yet, i was a bit weary so i did tend to help him out so he didn't shove the full thing in his mouth, i think i was worrying too much though bcos he bit a big bit of and just mushed it in his mouth, im going to try things like bits of broccoli & cauliflower when he gets to 6 month just for my won peace of mind, i do think hes more than capable to BLW i just don't want to panic & stress too much

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->