BLW - 18 months... can't do this anymore.

RedString

Reaction score
He eats regular food, and he's happy to. But he still ALWAYS wants the breast. ALWAYS. I work evening shift, and he doesn't go to bed unless I'm there to nurse him to sleep, he climbs up on me after meals and tries to pull my shirt down so that he can nurse. it's driving me insane. And now, assumingly because of no 2 on the way, it HURTS. It feels like he's ALWAYS biting, so then when he does bite I literally SCREAM and cry for twenty minutes because it feels like he just tried to take my nipple off!!

And if I tell him "no, you just ate dinner." he throws a temper tantrum. If I put him in the highchair and give him some more food, he throws it on the floor. He's just not interested in anything else, and my poor breasts can't take it anymore! does anyone have any suggestions?

didn't want to read and run. I don't have much advice, but I would think it is more to do with enjoying brastfeeding than not enjoying solids.

I think you should post this in teh brestfeeding section as ladies there might have some tips for you.:hugs:

Will he eat solids if you help him by using your hands or spoon feeding him? Some toddlers are too lazy to feed themselves. I have a fussy eater & he wont pick up food enough to fill him up.

Will he eat solids if you help him by using your hands or spoon feeding him? Some toddlers are too lazy to feed themselves. I have a fussy eater & he wont pick up food enough to fill him up.

Only if it's something he's actually having trouble with. Like sometimes pancakes on the fork. But usually by the time he's throwing it on the floor, he won't let me feed it to him either, he just shakes his head and cries. :/

I think you should post this in teh brestfeeding section as ladies there might have some tips for you.
Maybe I will... Maybe they'll at least have something on how to make it stop hurting so much, >_<

I'd stop breastfeeding at all if I were you, wean him off. You've done a fantastic job to feed him for 18 months. If you still want him to have breast milk perhaps express it and give it to him in a cup with his meals...?

Me too angel that just sounds awful to me him jumping on you and wanting to nurse at 18 months poor you, i think riding it out is going to be the only way forward, hes a link darl https://www.babycenter.com/400_how-can-i-wean-my-toddler-from-breastfeeding_500358_1.bc

I'd stop breastfeeding at all if I were you, wean him off. You've done a fantastic job to feed him for 18 months. If you still want him to have breast milk perhaps express it and give it to him in a cup with his meals...?

Well, yeah, that's kiiinda what I was thinking. Hence y'know, posting it in the weaning forum. :\

I didn't want to wean him until he was ready, but I'm starting to think that's a long way off. I'm pretty sure it's mostly a pacifier thing now though... One of the ladies mentioned in the BF forum that supply runs low around the 16th week of pregnancy, so I checked, and sure enough it's pretty low. I don't think I'd be able to express enough to put in a cup for him.

If you feel you need to wean him off of the boob then I am sure ladies in the breastfeeding section would be happy to give you some tips :flower:

I know this is the "weaning" section but most posts in here seem to be about weaning on to solids, rather than weaning off of booby!

I don't have too much help I agree the ladies on BF section might have tips for weaning off the boob.

The only thing I can think of though from his perspective is why would he want have solids when he knows he has booby juice on tap!

You have to be strong too and not give in to the tantrums as again from his perspective if he throws a big enough tantrum he gets what he wants.

I had issue with my lo having boob all the time and little solids so now I only let her have boob at 6am and 7pm (before bed) after 3 days she started eating more solids and stop pestering me as I wasn't giving it to her.

Don't feel like you have to stop bfing if you are happy to continue, but maybe just limit it.
I don't want to give us bfing at all, so I havent, and just reduced it so she eats slids better.

Yeah, I already posted in the Breast Feeding forum, and they haven't given me anything, :\
He's to the point now that his worst temper tantrums are at... 4 or 5 in the morning. >_> until about... 8 in the morning. <_< I've tried picking him up and showing him its dark out, and everyone's sleeping, but its hard when OH has to get up at 6 for school, :/ and neither of us gets enough sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->