Scottish Sam

Mummy to Rebecca Rose
Reaction score
Is anyone doing this?

What is BLW?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby-led_weaning

Good article

www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/nov/05/foodanddrink

I tried to give Rebecca baby rice, cereal and some pureed carrots but she isnt interested at all!! she tries to grab whatever I'm eating so after looking online I discovered baby led weaning and it makes alot of sense!!

Tried her with a bit of toast with some puree bananna on it and she sooked the life out of it!!:rofl: going to try her with some steamed carrot sticks tommorrow.

fingers crossed this works!!

Feel free to share any success stories and advice!

when i was at a mother and toddler group one of the mums there was telling me about baby led weaning. my baby boy ali is 8 months old now and i wish i had known about it when i first started weaning him....he gets so stressed over the spoon so i just leave him to feed himself food off his tray and he does it so well. so if i have a second baby i will defo follow baby led weaning!!! apparently babies really take to it.

we do a mix of purees and finger foods with Hannah...it's gotten to the point that she won't touch purees unless there's a finger food on her tray for her :lol:

I will be doing this with Alfie when he shows signs he's ready. I have a fantastic book i borrowed from my local Bosom Buddies about it. Its called baby led weaning by gill rapley and tracey murkett. My friend did it with her LO its amazing she eats apples without havin to chop them up or take the skin off.

Alasdair is baby led. I think it's amazing!

sounds great, may well try it this time round rather than stressing myself and my partner out over feeding not to mention lucas

Well, its going well so far! not really eating much but an improvement on the last few weeks wher she wouldnt even open her mouth!!

she actually seems more interested in purees now:dohh: think I will try both finger food and puree.

Me, me, me!!! We started last week and it's gong well so far. Nothing has actually been swallowed yet, but we're starting well! He's had lettuce, broccoli, apple, banana, rusks and he loves to play! I'm really excited about using this method and have done tonnes of research.
I wish you luck hun - I hope it goes well!! Keep in touch - we may need eacj other soon! x x

sorry can i ask?? dont wanna look dumb :blush: but what is baby led weaning??

you'll find more info on it in the weaning section but basically you don't give any purees just soft foods/finger foods that your baby can eat on their own

Me, me, me!!! We started last week and it's gong well so far. Nothing has actually been swallowed yet, but we're starting well! He's had lettuce, broccoli, apple, banana, rusks and he loves to play! I'm really excited about using this method and have done tonnes of research.
I wish you luck hun - I hope it goes well!! Keep in touch - we may need eacj other soon! x x

I may be pickin your brain in about a months time Kat :laugh2:

We plan on doing this and I cant wait! One of the key things the book already mentioned said that made sense to me was that if you breast feed you have no idea how much your baby is eating so why start doubting your baby when you start weaning. They really dont need to be eating until 8-9 months as long as they are still getting their milk feeds so its fine for them to play with the food for a while. Oscar has already started grabbing at my plate so will try him with the odd bit in a few weeks ready for when he is old enough to start.

I had never heard of this until seeing another post here, but have been doing a lot of researching and it does make a lot of sense to me! Although I have been formula feeding since 3 weeks I thought I'd give it a try as I wasn't having much luck with purees and I have to say it got off to a good start today! I gave her brocolli and carrot pieces and she actually got them in her mouth and ate some:happydance: Fair enough most ended up on the floor but I would say she prob ate more than she has done the last few days with purees so I'm going to stick at it for the time being. Don't see the harm in it as she still having all her milk so I'm not worried about her not getting enough to eat at the moment! She seemed a lot happier too doing it this way :happydance:

I tried baby led weaning and it didnt work for Ellie she choked on everything i gave her. So ive been trying to do abit of both and it seems to be working ok. I did abit of both with Benn and by the time he was 8months he wouldnt let anybody help him eat it made food times a very messy experience lol.

i did this with rhys and again with ffion.. im always around if you girls need advice :)

I may be pickin your brain in about a months time Kat :laugh2:

Go for it hun!!

Just a little update!
We have been giving Oliver food for a while now - no joy really. Except great fun.
Today, he found his mouth with it!!! He tried carrot (it was ok), broccoli (his face was a picture!) and apple. He enjoyed it so much. I think we've started something now and anything goes! Really excited about this going forward now! How is everyone else doing>
P.s. Shall I ask the mods to move this to the weaning section, so can start a support thread for BLW?

Just a little update!
We have been giving Oliver food for a while now - no joy really. Except great fun.
Today, he found his mouth with it!!! He tried carrot (it was ok), broccoli (his face was a picture!) and apple. He enjoyed it so much. I think we've started something now and anything goes! Really excited about this going forward now! How is everyone else doing>
P.s. Shall I ask the mods to move this to the weaning section, so can start a support thread for BLW?

Awww brill so glad he's likin it!!!

Yeah might be a good idea, there's a few of us on here doin it by the looks of it :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->