BLW - best foods to start with

craftymum

Mum to Jacob and Jenna
Reaction score
I was just wondering what the best foods were to start with, what are the easiest things for bubs to get a good grip off? Jacob has really started watching us eat and drink and is making chewing motions with his mouth while we are chewing. I tried giving him some banana tonight (it all ended up on the floor) but it was way to slippy for him though he was so interested in it and seemed to enjoy playing with it.

Theakston enjoyed asparagus to start with, I just griddled it til soft with some unsalted butter.

I stuck to fruit and veg before 6 months in case of food intolerance. I did strips of things like roasted red pepper and courgette. Steamed broccoli was very easy for her to eat, and she loved carrot and butternut squash. Sometimes when I gave her wedges of things, I'd take a bite out of the middle so she could hold it better! Leaving the skin on fruit like mango seemed to help her as well.

I never thought of biting a bit out to make a wee handle that's a fab idea, thanks

We have only been BLW for the last 4 weeks, but L is well in the groove. I just give her whatever we are having for lunch/dinner, but I cut everything into chip shapes when I'm preparing. Roasted veg has been much easier for her to handle than steamed or boiled veg, and I just pick out a couple of big bits of meat/cut a strip off.. she seems to have enjoyed everything with the exception of brussel sprouts, which she refuses to hold even!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->