Blw meal ideas

Solitaire

Reaction score
My son is 6 months old next week and were going to do the baby led weaning.

I'm just wondering what ideas you've got for meals?

I know at first he won't, just play.

Steamed veg, slices of fruit, toast, crumpets, breadsticks, scotch pancakes, pasta pieces

One of my friends puts it like this - in the beginning it's like giving them the ingredients to the meal on their tray then all of a sudden you turn around and instead of putting a bit of pasta down with a bit of cheese and a spoon of bolagnase you are actually just throwing the spag Bol from your dinner to them!

I like doing roasted veg (butternut squash, courgette, aubergine, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes) with olive oil and mixed herbs, then at for the last 20 minutes put some sausages in to cook on top of the vegetables.

Can't get over how much LO looooooooves sausages!

You can buy big pasta shapes from Tesco that are just the right size of baby hands, and do them with pasta sauces.

Boiled ham and vegetables goes down really well.

Eggy bread makes a good lunch treat.

It's a bit more effort doing BLW, but it means that I'm eating a varied diet as well, so it's worth the extra planning instead of living on spaghetti hoops on toast like I have been.

Stalking this as I'm stuck for ideas!

I've started it today and I gave my son a scotch pancake and a bananna.

He couldn't keep hold of the bananna as it kept slipping out his hands. He pulled some funny faces with the scotch pancake.

Oh heck there was loads of mess after that pancake!! I don't like mess so I'm not sure how I'll cope with this ha.

Where off out for tea tonight, off to Chinese. I don't think I can give him anything from there. Not sure about prawn crackers?

Chinese tends to be full of salt, which isn't so good for babies, but you could get him some boiled rice and steamed veggies. A chicken satay skewer probably wouldn't be the end of him neither!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->