BLW - what did your LO eat today?

Just a quick question do you avoid any foods in the evening incase it gives them wind? I gave LO some haricot bean loaf last night and was up every 20 mins with him arching his back and kicking like he had trapped wind (did a few farts at 4am, but still not much sleep)

But anyway

B - Yoghurt with mashed banana (preloaded spoon), kiwi fruit
L - Breadsticks with philadelphia, lychees, physalis
D - Haricot bean loaf, baked sweet potato, lychees

I've never found any foods to give LO more gas than others, so I haven't bothered to avoid anything

Yesterday
B - hot 5 grain cereal with berries, toast and banana
L - Pears, yogourt (greek plain) and some pea/apple/rice puree that someone gave us that I'm trying to use up.
Dinner - pizza and sliced bell peppers

LO has decided that if I give her the spoon it's fun to shake it around whilst full of food, so lately if she eats something that needs a spoon, I load it and hold it, but let her put her hands on it as I put it near her mouth. I'm tired of cleaning food off my walls and her high chair is near a really expensive painting that I'd rather not ruin

I've found that hummus gives LO a contact rash. Not sure if its the acidity in it or if its a sensitivity/allergy to sesame oil, but the rash disappears as soon as I wash the hummus off her and doesn't seem to bother her...but her skin on her face was way more sensitive for a couple days after and I found some other foods that she's never shown a reaction to are causing her to get a rash too now

B: super thick porridge with plum fruit spread, grapes, blueberries
L: avocado/cream cheese/tomato sandwich, kiwi fruit, 1/2 banana
T: butternut squash & goats cheese risotto

B - Porridge and banana
L - Pasta, cheese, salmon and brocolli
D - Yorkshire pudding, roast potato, chicken, peas and sweetcorn

Yesterday:

B- porridge
L- we were out so she had a packed snack of raspberries, strawberries, prunes and cheese (but timings were all out so she didn't eat much and had booby milk instead)
D- pork and apple stew with mash

Today:

B- mimite on toast
L- tuna couquettes and sweetcorn, raspberries and starwberries and a prune

Snack- banana

D- mushroom and bacon carbonara followed by warm apple and cinnamon wedges

I got the blw cookbook for Xmas (as some of you can probably tell!) and loving trying out all the recipes.

Think Lily is starting to get hungry for snacks now too so tomorrow I plan to make either cheese scones or carrot muffins - can't decide which yet???

Mrs_T - the spinach and cheese muffins in the BLW cookbook were a huge hit with DH and LO, give them a try! They are not really like most muffins in terms of consistency and texture, but healthy and yummy!

Yesterday
B - baked egg in a ham cup, toast and banana
No lunch
D - breadstick, banana, some pizza (bad I know, we don't usually eat like this)

Thanks Libbylou! Do you think frozen spinach would work? Have some in the freezer.

Thanks Libbylou! Do you think frozen spinach would work? Have some in the freezer.

It would probably work just fine, actually probably better...I found the fresh spinach was really hard to add into the muffin and was considering using frozen next time!

Brilliant! I'll let you know how it goes!!!

Today
B- banana muffin (from the BLW cookbook), toast with sugar free fruit spread, pears and some scrambled egg with veggies
D - casserole (veggies, pasta, sauce and ground beef) and some rice pudding (sweetened with mango puree and applesauce, she loved it!)

Sunday:
B - pancakes
L - left over homemade beefburger and sweet potato wedges
D- roast pork, roasted beetroot (she LOVED this!), roasted parsnips, roasted peppers, roast potatoes, Yorkshire

Yesterday:
B- can't remember??!!
L- chicken soup, hot bread roll, yoghurt, grapes
D- homemade chicken pie, baby corn, broccoli, sugar snap peas, carrots

Today:
B- peanut butter on toast
L- cream cheese on a bagel, cucumber, banana
D- left over pie, peas

I've found that hummus gives LO a contact rash

What's a contact rash like, Libby? I'm not sure what's on my LO's face atm but we have an appointment with the doctor in the morning. Reading your post made me think maybe it's a food allergy, she always ends up rubbing food on her face and eyes while she eats and has had bumpy skin over her nose and cheeks for a week, worsening at night and almost looks like a small blister in one spot now. I had her checked by a nurse today who said to come back tomorrow.

Anyone else have experience with foods causing little rashes/spots?

Anyway...today LO ate

B - rolled oats with greek yoghurt

L - crackers with cottage cheese

D - scrambled eggs with kumara, potato and carrots

I've found that hummus gives LO a contact rash

What's a contact rash like, Libby? I'm not sure what's on my LO's face atm but we have an appointment with the doctor in the morning. Reading your post made me think maybe it's a food allergy, she always ends up rubbing food on her face and eyes while she eats and has had bumpy skin over her nose and cheeks for a week, worsening at night and almost looks like a small blister in one spot now. I had her checked by a nurse today who said to come back tomorrow.

Anyone else have experience with foods causing little rashes/spots?

Basically its a rash wherever the irritant touches her skin. I noticed wherever the hummus touched her face and arms she had a red flat rash. It didn't itch or bother her and it disappeared almost as soon as I washed the hummus off her.
I'm pretty sure she has a sensitivity to sunflower and sesame as she's had this rash whenever she's eaten hummus (all other ingredients in the hummus were ok) and a spreadable cheese that contains sunflower. Doesn't seem to bother her other than the contact rash though!

Today
B - Toast with sugar free jam, oatmeal, blueberries and banana
L - Rice cake with peanut butter, banana, blueberries

Yesterday
B - Toast with sugar free jam, oatmeal, banana
L - Soft cooked apple
D - soup and grilled cheese sandwich with pickles

B - Blueberries, melon, apple
L - sausage and bean casserole
T - cheese and spinach muffin, avocado (wow those muffins are spicy, or maybe I got the recipe wrong?!)

B - cereal
L - rice noodle stir fry with brocolli, peas and courgette. He loved it!

B - Toast with mashed banana

L - Mini pizza (Half an english muffin, tomato puree, sprinkling of cheese and ham) and a few pieces of pear

D - Chicken, broccoli, cauliflour, mash and a yoghurt

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->