[BLW] What was your LO's first real meal?

hivechild

Mummy to Ronan
Reaction score
What was your LO's first full, unrestricted meal (ie: not just veg or fruit sticks) once, or after, they hit 6 months?

Ronan is going to be 6 months tomorrow and since he seems to enjoy breakfast time the most, I'm going to make some toast and an omelet! I think my hubby will enjoy that more though, as well as the dog when he gets what's left!

Butternut squash soup and crumpets! A bit odd, but it went down well!

I think it was a roast dinner of some description at my mum's! Roast chicken dinner is still her favourite by far, she put away an adult portion of everything last Sunday! :)

What was your LO's first full, unrestricted meal (ie: not just veg or fruit sticks) once, or after, they hit 6 months?

Ronan is going to be 6 months tomorrow and since he seems to enjoy breakfast time the most, I'm going to make some toast and an omelet! I think my hubby will enjoy that more though, as well as the dog when he gets what's left!

Heya Hivechild. How exciting for Ronan...a real meal!!!!

Can I ask...is he swallowing foods yet? At what age did you start offering food for him to play/suck on and how long did it take before he started chewing and swallowing?

My boy is 5 months 1 week and I've been giving fruit & veg sticks, which he loves to suck the life out of (no swallowing yet). I've been a bit worried I could be starting too early, but I haven't forced him to eat anything...he is doing it all himself.

I was just wondering what your experience was with Ronan. Thanks chicky :flower:

Oh yeah, and good luck with the omlette and toast! Sounds like a great first meal to me.

We started offering around 5 months but not every day. He started chewing and swallowing at least a little bit every time though from the beginning. In the last week he has started to really get into it a lot more though and can pack away most of an adult sized rice cake, especially if it's spread with something like avocado or cream cheese, or better still, both!

He wasn't as into his toast yesterday as I thought he would be but he was having a bit of an odd day of things in general. This morning I made some mini pancakes minus the salt and sugar and spread a bit of peachy puree and greek yogurt and he mauled those to pieces! We ended up having a bath afterward. :haha:

louies first meal was pasta with tomatoey sauce, all home made with lots of veggies in
he LOVED it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"