BLW

oct-bump

Reaction score
I just order the Baby-Led Weaning book :happydance: I can't wait to read it and find out if BLW is right for me & my LO. I only just heard about BLW and thought it is a great idea! I'm glad I learned about it before my LO reached rice age.

How many of you read the book? Is it an easy read?

I just ordered the book today too!! :happydance: I hear it's amazing. I can't wait to see if it's something I want to do. So I'm right there with you with the curiosity! :haha:

Yes it's an easy read and very, very interesting too! I didn't think twice about doing BLW after reading it.

I still haven't had chance to finish it. I've read the main sections I think and it just confirmed my views :)

I've read it and haven't stopped lending it to people since! i'm a big fan. the only neg thing i will say is i found the first chapter or so repeated itself a bit (it talks abt the theory behind BLW and kinda went over the same point again and again) and i found that a bit dull once i'd understood the gist...it doesn't do that all the way through though. the rest of the book talks abt 'how' to do BLW and is v interesting

OOhh Im going up to WH Smith on the school run this afternoon to see if they have this book. :happydance: Id never heard of it either until I saw a post on here about it. My local library has it but somebody's borrowed it and not taken it back :dohh:

Has anyone discussed it with their health visitor? Do they recommend it? I think Id still try it even if they dont, the ladies on here seem to be so positive about it :D

xx

I doubt Smith's would have it tbh - I got mine from waterstones.
My HV had never heard of BLW, but it didn't matter because after reading the book I was so confident it was defo the right thing to do.

They have it on the website so I thought Id try in the shop, If not Im guessing they'll order it in for me?? You can buy it online and get it delivered to store if not, so thats my last resort :)

By the sounds of it HV don't know a lot abt it...Some seem to have a little info but none have had any training on it so i don't think very many r pro it due to lack of understanding. I think the 'normal' weaning route of purees is still favoured by HV. Those HVs that do know abt BLW properly seem to b pro it tho.

After researching BLW (more than just reading the book) i don't care what my HV thinks...TBH i have little faith in HV advise anyway. BLW makes so much more sense to me than purees and i believe that one day it'll be advised instead of purees (once some HVs r tained abt it)

<humph> they didnt have it, so Im going to have to buy online and get it ordered to the shop.

I have been reading up about it on the net too, and I come across nothing but positive-ness about it :)

Im going to mention it to my HV, but I think Im going to de it regardless, after all they're not always right. :D

By the sounds of it HV don't know a lot abt it...Some seem to have a little info but none have had any training on it so i don't think very many r pro it due to lack of understanding. I think the 'normal' weaning route of purees is still favoured by HV. Those HVs that do know abt BLW properly seem to b pro it tho.

After researching BLW (more than just reading the book) i don't care what my HV thinks...TBH i have little faith in HV advise anyway. BLW makes so much more sense to me than purees and i believe that one day it'll be advised instead of purees (once some HVs r tained abt it)

i believe so too! apparently there is going to be some new government advice about weaning - that if your full term, healthy baby can pick up half a peeled banana and feed herself some, she's ready for solids. :thumbup:

glad to hear it...as soon as i found out abt BLW i wondered y the advice had never changed.

Completely easy read. I finished it in about 4 hours during a car ride. :) It seems to me that most people that start with BLWing don't look back. It is a great way to go if it suits your family and style. My LO would have it no other way.

LOL, Neither would Ruby, as I hate them myself and can barely stand to be in the same room as someone eating one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->