BLW'er who has stopped using a spoon

PuddlePuppy

Due 31st Dec!
Reaction score
Little one has been BLW since 6 months - all going great - before then we did do some spoon feed purees as she was extra hungrey and was really great with a spoon, we would load it up and leave it in the bowl she would pick it up feed and either give it back to be reloaded or back in the bowl - excellent.

NOW - she has decided to ignore the spoon completely and eat everything - including her porriage with her hands - at 10 months this almost feels like a step back as she was so close to self feeding with a spoon.. if you hold the spoon for her (which she used take off you) she now just leans her head forward enough to get it in her mouth - or crys if she can't reach it)

My mother was not happy about BLW as she was worried about the lack of cutlery use/table manners - I know in a then 8 month old!!! (when we visited last)..

But I am worried now - I have tried eating with a spoon with her, tried loading it up and leaving it for her, tried eating with a spoon out of her bowl - but to no avail.. :dohh:

Please advise..

LO has obviously decided that its far quicker and easier to use her hands! seriously i wouldnt worry about it, cutlery use will return in time, and table manners in 10 month old's are pretty non existent as they dont understand the concept, so dont worry about what your mum (or anyone else thinks) just leave a spoon on her tray and let her decide if and when she wants to use it!

yep ditto what pinkwitch said, its great he's getting his hands in there, she wont be uing her hands forever :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->