BMI and medical advice received

Think weight is more of a factor if you have irregular or annovulatory(?spelling?) cycles. I'm now BMI of 23 and been ttc for 18 cycles. When I got my BFP with DS I must have at least had a BMI 27, maybe more

I've never had any advise from the medical profession about BMI so have assumed it's not a factor

Have voted

Thanks Vikki, we've had 2 ladies with BMI <24 now advised to gain some weight but for the most part there has been little advice given.

:hugs: I could send you some of my metabolism, can gain 10 lbs at the drop of a pin even when non-pregnant :haha:

I figure that with Christmas coming there is a natural window of opportunity for weight gain.

I'm not keen to gain weight either, I just spent 6 weeks in Paris where I ate loads of nice food and ran it all off after work :haha:

LOL yup NS, Christmas holidays with all my baking and tourtière (french-canadian high fat pork meat pies) lead to a easy 5-8 lbs weight gain in 2 weeks here :haha:

Damn you Frenchies and your tasty baked goods :haha:

I suffered 6km a night so I did not have to hold back on the breakfast vienoisserie.

LOLLLLL
I know, it's bad. We love butter too much :haha:
At least you got to splurge on food while in France!!!

A little bit of butter is a good thing! Apparently, you have never been in the American south? Butter is a food group in itself, LOL.

Oh I sure did the bread is to die for, and I had loads of nice butter and cream laden dinners heh heh.

I voted for "26+ and no advice given"
my BMI is 29 so I am in the overweight catagory. My FS didnt mention my weight at all, so finally I asked the nurse and she looked at me and said 'you dont have anything to worry about". Trouble is, Im 5'10 so I carry my weight well, so dont look that overweight so I did say 'but I am overweight', but she just moved on.
I put on weight easily now and Im a big comfort eater when stressed and TTCing is stressful. Plus my injectable fertility medications made me dizzy so I couldnt work out while taking them. But Im going to try and be better this month before my Frozen Embryo Transfer, as it can only help.

A little bit of butter is a good thing! Apparently, you have never been in the American south? Butter is a food group in itself, LOL.

I was in New Orleans, I attributed their amazing doughnuts and pastries to being directly related to French-Canadians :haha:

No-one has ever mentioned my weight and I am a good size 18 ,at the hospital I have never been weighed thankfully:thumbup: ,my last bfp I had just lost twenty pounds but am the same size as I was wen I had my kids So I don't know :shrug::hugs:

That's cool Despie just mark that as no advice given :flower:

I need to post this poll in some other sections too.

I was BMI of 40, but lost weight slowly (and healthily) over 2010 to go down to BMI of 29 (less yummy cornbread/grits (transplanted American)) and was told by IVF clinic that I really needed to lose another 10lbs or so, but got pregnant naturally the month we were supposed to start hormone treatments/first cycle. Interestingly, I had regular, altho erratic cycles so we given metformin for PCOS and later, discovered had an underactive thyroid and with both medication, may have pushed my at that point, pretty healthy body into conception/sticky baby....

When we fell pregnant in June/July of this year, my ob/gyn refused to weigh me as she didn't want me obsessed about food/diet, etc., and was advised to just continue to eat healthily (so far, so good!), and my GP refuses to weigh me as well, as she believes that it would worry me too much.

I have had (so far) no serious problems in this pregnancy and altho I have no doubt gained weight, it is all baby and boobs....I had an mc and two possible chemicals before this pregnancy, so it is probably down to weight loss, healthy eating and gentle exercise that I am healthier today than I was ten years ago (and I was 43 when I conceived/will be 44 when I deliver -- so hope for everyone!)

best wishes

ps. baby doesn't like sweet things too much, so very helpful little one already!

Thanks for the info and I hope you have a very healthy pregnancy!:flower:

Cornbread is a gift from above, but I am not so big on grits.:haha:

Thanks SabrinaKat and congratulations on your pregnancy, hmm I tried grits once but I think you have to have been raised on them to...ahem... appreciate them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->